ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 10-28-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0
john mic is on a distinguished road
Smile Stop and resume objects at specified time

Below problem sounds like a piece of cake,but I've tried many times and still couldn't make it.

1>When Queue4 is at status of collecting; Conveyor3, Processor5,Operator9 and Queue6 be stopped
When Queue4 is at status of releasing; Conveyor3, Processor5,Operator9 and Queue6 be resumed

2>When Operator9 starts loading flowitem from Processor5; Queue2,Queue4,Conveyor3 and Operator8 be stopped
When Operator9 finishes loading flowitem from Processor5; Queue2,Queue4,Conveyor3 and Operator8 be resumed

I'm looking forward to your reply.Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: zip How_to_Stop_Object_at_the_Special_Time.zip (44.3 KB, 172 views)
Old 10-28-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

If I understood you ríght, this should be possible with sending messages and "stopobject" or "resumeobject" in the triggers after the message arrived.
Old 10-28-2010
Flexsim User

Smile

Right,these two commands "stopobject" and "resumeobject" are needed.But I found that it's hard to stop it at the very time of Queue4 status-collecting/Operator9 starts loading flowitem from Processor5,by the way,I alse used the command "getstatenum",which I want to use to realize that when its status matches "collecting", the command "stopobject" will be excuted.If you've made it,would you pls attach the model?Thanks!
Old 10-28-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

Don´t know how much time I can spend. Even it´s not possible to upload any modells from here. But I will try it later from another Network.

At first I´m thinking about, if changing state of a object really is a event in Flexsim. If not, it wouldn´t be possible to controll anything at this moment.
The state collecting is only for a very short moment in a queue and not the whole time the queue is waiting for items. It´s fired as soon as the item really arrives. So I used the OnEntry trigger of the Queue to stop all objects (for example by using the centerports or even global variables).
Then I use the OnEndCollecting Trigger to send a delayed message for resuming the objects. Important is, that you have to resume the object as often as you stoped it. For your example there arrive 5 items and thisway I wrote the resumeobject in the OnMessage Trigger of the objects 5 times.
I´m still not understanding what this should be good for. Because Queue 4 all the time is collecting and so all other objects never really work.
Try to load up my model later this day;-)
Old 10-29-2010
Flexsim Distributor

Downloads: 278
Uploads: 2
Lars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

It exist a trigger called OnStateChange if you search the forum for that trigger you will get more information how to use it.

Lars-Olof
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lars-Olof Leven For This Useful Post:
Sebastian Hemmann (10-29-2010)
Old 11-01-2010
Flexsim User

The reason is that this is used to simulate a production cell composed of these objects. Queue4 is loaded by operator 8 and when operator enters into this cell to load product for Queue4, there exists possibilities that operator will be hurt by other moving objects. To avoid operator be hurt, the specified objects should be stopped. Processor5 and operator9 are same like that. I'm still working on it and not solving that problem
Old 11-02-2010
Flexsim User

I know why it failed before now and solve it,thanks for all of your replies.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to use Recorder to show labels of objects at run time darlorex Q&A 1 02-23-2009 10:02 AM
change the objects in self modeled objects Manuel Kraenzle Q&A 7 10-27-2008 02:29 PM
Can’t stop cranes colliding Kenny Macleod Q&A 8 07-16-2008 10:18 AM
Make sure you stop model with the stop button before collecting state based statistics Paul Dowling Tips and Tricks 2 06-10-2008 08:10 AM
How to run tasks after stop time? Fadhlullah Bin Rahmat Q&A 1 02-26-2008 04:44 PM