ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Healthcare (HC) > FlexSim HC: Q&A
Downloads

FlexSim HC: Q&A Questions about FlexSim Healthcare

Old 06-04-2016
Christophe Compondu

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
Default Proble with Off schedule for an outpatient center

Hi,

I am currently doing my master thesis on a simulation project into an outpatient pain center in Switzerland. I will soon take the time to describe and present this project in the dedicated part of this forum.

Have soon finished my model but I have a problem with the break and off schedule conditions of an outpatient activity.

Here is my problem :

My patient arrivals are based on an appointement table (I imported the historical data of our appointment system).

The regular hours of the pain center are from 08 :00 to 17 :00. How can I manage a patient who arrives at 16 :45 ?

(the patient track for this case is an 30 min activity with an MD and then a 2 min activity with the receptionnist beafore leaving (just for taking the next appointment).

I used the priority for the offschedule option (I put it on 99) but the problem is that it works for the activity with the MD but my patient can’t take his next appointment with the receptionnist because her schedule is now off at 17 :15… So the patient have to wait til the next day at 08 :00.

How can I manage this ? with the breakcondition ? or I need to change my patient track with condition.

A big thanks in advance !

(Btw, where can I find some explication about how to use Expression into flexsim)

Tags
appointement, late patient, off schedule, outpatient, priority

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Outpatient Clinic @ Hospital Robert Rodgers FlexSim HC: Practical Application 6 03-24-2014 07:17 AM
Flexsim vs. SimCad for Distribution Center William Proctor Competitive Comparisons 1 03-07-2014 07:48 AM
Hospital Call Center Model Lou Keller FlexSim HC: Tips & Techniques 0 11-14-2013 02:15 PM
Simulating Distribution Center Taping Area CasimiraFederspiel Q&A 2 05-25-2011 07:41 AM