ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
FAQ Downloads Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 01-12-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 47
Tom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant future
Default How to load a *.t file into a node with commands/code?

I saved a *.t file of a node via the right click menu in the tree Node / Save Node as…

Now I like to load this *.t file into a node of another model. Via the right click menu in the tree I would just use Node / Load into Node…
But how can I do this with a command.

I found the commands loadselectedfromfile() and saveselectedtofile(). But how can I pointer in loadselectedfromfile() to the *.t file on my hard drive?

I searched for the right click menu in the tree (main and view), but did not find it. Where can I find this menu? If I would find the menu I had the commands and would know how to do it.

Thanks in advance for any help and hints.
Old 01-12-2009
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0
Lolke Koopmans is on a distinguished road

Tom, I am not sure if this is what you are looking for, but check this: embedfile

Old 01-12-2009
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0
Lolke Koopmans is on a distinguished road

BTW: 'embedfile' in the previous post is not a link. embedfile is a standard flexsim function and you can find it in the manual of flexsim.

This is what the manual says:

embedfile(num mode, str projectpath, str filepath)
Description:
This command is used to embed a file in a node. mode can take the following values, 1=embed, 2=extract, 3=remove.
Example:
Undocumented
The Following User Says Thank You to Lolke Koopmans For This Useful Post:
Tom David (01-12-2009)
Old 01-12-2009
Flexsim Technical Support

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 8
Alex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to behold

Try the cmdloadtree and cmdsavetree commands.
The Following User Says Thank You to Alex Christensen For This Useful Post:
Tom David (01-12-2009)
Old 01-12-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 47
Tom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant future

It looks like that cmdloadtree() is doing the job, so I did not try embedfile(), because it is not documented and the other solution works.

I am still curious to know where I can find the right-click menu and commands, because then I could look up and understand other functionality.
Does anyone have an idea where to find this?
Old 01-12-2009
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

The tree's right-click menu is in the Flexsim engine. It is not visible or editable from the Flexsim content.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Phil BoBo For This Useful Post:
arunkrmahadeva (06-27-2016), mgiubilato (11-26-2009), RalfGruber (01-13-2009), Tom David (01-12-2009)