ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 03-29-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 28
Uploads: 1
Markus Bans will become famous soon enough
Default Multiprocessor states and MTBF

Hello,

as you probably know, the multiprocessor doesn't use the state 'Processing', but names the processing state same as the individual process, so when one e.g. has 5 processes called 'Process1', 'Process2', ..., 'Process5', also the appropriate state is named 'Process1', 'Process2', ..., 'Process5'.

Concerning MTBF, I found then, that the list (States to choose from) for selecting the states applied to MTBF doesn't contain the states mentioned above.

I tried then to enter them in the tree: .../DownStateEdit/items and added 51: Process1, 52: Process2 etc. In ...SelectState/items, I added beginning at pos. 51 'Process1', at pos. 52 'Process2' etc.

Then I saved the model.

After reopening it, all had disappeared, so I couldn't choose the states 'Process1', 'Process2', ..., 'Process5' to be applied to MTBF.

So how can I add the multiprocessor states 'Process1', 'Process2', ..., 'Process5' ... to that list?
Old 03-30-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 47
Tom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant future

I am not really sure what you did (because you did not describe, in which tree you added the nodes), but I would guess, that you added the nodes in the view tree in active view (which is gone after reopen the view).

Anyway, I had a look into the issue and I guess that this could be a point for the development list. Update the MTBF GUI for the MultiProcessor states.

I say 'could' because I would think it is hardly used (Special case where MTBF MTTR on a MultiProcessor only happens, if he is in process state. Another way to model this is not using a MultiProcessor but a number of Processor and taking care that only one item is in the Processors (control input)).
I also say 'could' because I found a way to solve this issue by manually add nodes in the tree of the MTBFMTTR and this seems to work.

The model where I solved it can be found in the download section Support Models and a description of what I did is there and also in the description in the Model Control GUI.

http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...do=file&id=204

Tags
mtbf, multiprocessor, states

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Several MTBF/MTTR for 1 processor ? ankus d Q&A 15 01-18-2016 01:27 PM
Creating a stacked bar chart for the states of multiple objects Kris Geisberger Tips and Tricks 6 08-11-2011 09:40 PM
MTBF Question Gavin Douglas Q&A 4 07-02-2008 11:12 AM
Flow items with states AlanZhang Q&A 16 11-30-2007 10:32 AM
stopping the MultiProcessor Pablo Concha Q&A 4 10-31-2007 07:34 PM