ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 11-26-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0
wilmermoncada is on a distinguished road
Default How can i get the total time of process in the system

Can someone help me with this problem. Well here is my prob, i got a system with some processors, and in this systems 4 types of person enter and leave. I want to get the whole time of processing of every person that includes the type to diferenciate later the times of processing of every type of person. But i need to have the record of every person that enters and lives the system.
Old 11-26-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 47
Tom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant future

If you use the search function of the forum and search for "total process time" you will find the Simple Question thread.
Have a look into the posts from
Anthony Timmiss 07-11-2008
Jason Lightfoot 07-11-2008
This should give you some hints.

Anyway, I will help you but recommand to use the search functionality before you ask questions.
- add labels on the item/person, like ProcessStartTime, TotalProcessTime.
- OnEntry of Processor set ProcessStartTime to time(): setlabelnum(item,"ProcessStartTime ",time());
- OnProcessFinish of Processor add Processtime to TotalProcessTime: setlabelnum(item,"TotalProcessTime",getlabelnum(it em,"TotalProcessTime") + (time() - getlabelnum(item,"ProcessStartTime ")));
- On the Sink OnEntry you can write this data e.g. to a Global Table to store them for later analysing.

I hope there are no typing errors in the code, but I made it out of my head.

Old 11-29-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 8
wilmermoncada is on a distinguished road

Someone help me with this. I was working with this to get the times of the items.

On the Sink, On Entry.
Add Row and Data to GlobalTable As each flowitem enters, add a new row to a GlobalTable and write data to that row. Table: "Times" Number of Columns: 2 Column Format (1 = number, 2 = string): 1, 1 Commands to set the data in the new row: settablenum(tablename,rows,1,getitemtype(item));
settablenum(tablename,rows,2,time()-getcreationtime(item));

The problem is i dont want that times start on creation of the items, i want that times start when this items enters on a queue, how can i can replace "getcreationtime(item)" and put on entry of a queue???
Old 11-29-2009
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

Tom has given you all the clues. Add a label to the item, fill it on the onentry of the queue and read it out on the entry of the sink.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steven Hamoen For This Useful Post:
Tom David (11-30-2009)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Collect the total flow time of two itemtype and many replications Vic Li Q&A 5 11-04-2010 10:55 AM
How to process with 2 processors at the same time wilmermoncada Q&A 2 11-25-2009 08:34 AM
total time boxes are in the model bsantens Q&A 1 04-05-2009 03:11 PM
Concept Training System Brandon Peterson User Development 0 11-14-2008 12:02 PM
operators working together to decrease process time Alex Christensen Tips and Tricks 4 07-14-2008 09:22 AM