View Single Post
Old 10-05-2015
hendry teo

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 0

Hi Sebastian

Thank you for your suggestion, but I still think something is missing.

"check if there is an item and if so then you can load it and travel back to the processor."
It is true that if there is NO item in the queue, operator does not have to load it and travel back to the processor. However, if there IS item in the queue, operator has to load it and travel back to the processor, which is true also, but this does not mean the operator could unload the item to the processor until the processor has done processing.

If I were to use your method (correct me if I am wrong), the operator would only wait near to the queue while the processor is doing its job. Nothing on the operator's hand while he is waiting.

For me, I want the operator to collect an item in the queue and travel back to the processor. Hold the item on hand while waiting for the processor. Only when the processor is done, he will release the item to the processor.

Yes, I agree with you that the missing part on the Rahel solution is the unload task. But if I insert in another unload task to the operator, then, he will NOT wait for the processor regardless it is still processing.

Any ideas? Thank you so much!

Best regards
Hendry