View Single Post
Old 02-18-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0
Jens Mühlheimer will become famous soon enoughJens Mühlheimer will become famous soon enough
Default Flexsim vs. Enterprise Dynamics

Hello everybody,

at the moment I'm working on a decision matrix with several Pros and Cons of various simulation software packages. The result should be an advice on how the company, I'm doing an internship at the moment, should decide regarding 3D simulation software.

In the end I came down to 3 competitors in this area of simulation software: Enterprise Dynamics, SIMIO and Flexsim itself. I already got many facts from the other Flexsim vs. SIMIO thread, but I have no experience at all with Enterprise Dynamics.

I know a little about the background from Flexsim regarding ED. E.g. that Flexsim was a former distributer of ED in the US, but they started with an independent devolopement and the head devoloper came vom ED to Flexsim, ... so you could say that all weak points in ED have been improved and the strenghts have been implemented in Flexsims' concept.

Could you provide me with a few facts to have a few Pros / Cons?
So far I just found out that ED has a direct PLC interface, whereas Flexsim need a 3rd party module for this.

Thank you very very much in advance.
Jens