ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Flexsim Student Forum
FAQ Downloads Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Flexsim Student Forum Forum for discussion for Flexsim Students using the Flexsim Textbook.

Old 05-02-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0
mearjun will become famous soon enough
Default Resume Task sequence after being preempted

The title is confusing so here is the description.. another simple thing I am trying to do here is that I have two operators working and sharing work-load amongst themselves for a number of multiprocessors. In a particular case operator one will receive a preempting task sequence. I am using preempt value as 1 and I have connected operator 1 to operator 2 using an A connection (1>2) so that when operator 1 is called for preempting task sequence operator 2 can take over the workload (task-sequences) from it.
To stop the multiprocessor on which operator 1 is working when it gets the preempting Task-Sequence, I set a code on the onrecievets trigger of operator 1 such that it runs a stop object command on the current multiprocessor.
Once this multiprocessor is stopped I believe operator 1 hands over this task-sequence to operator 2. Operator 2 does go to the multiprocessor (does the travel task) but is not able to end the stopobject command. The original task sequence is has a milestone task at the beginning and stoprequestfinish task is within the range.
Maybe I am missing something or doing it all wrong. In any case the model is attached. And I am using user commands instead of writing the code on pick options. Only bed 4,5,6 are working and bed 4 has a prempting TS.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm exp.fsm (65.4 KB, 135 views)
Old 05-05-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

have you set the same reference in the stopobject command as in the preemted stoprequestfinish task ? maybe it is a good idea to copy the reference from the tasksequence to the stopobject command. Only if the reference match the object resumes.

Jörg
Old 05-05-2013
Flexsim User

Yes, I have set the stopobject command on the same object where I want to resume it.. If you see in the attached model, I have retrieved the multiprocessor treenode where op 1 is currently working on the onrecievetasksequence trigger and if a preempting ts is received op1 runs a stopobject command on this bed and attends to the preempting task sequence.

I am also wondering how op 1 then sends the ts to op 2.. I tried putting a stop (that red thing on the side of a code) on the pas to logic of op 1 to see how it exactly transfers the ts to op2, but the model does not stop.. so when exactly is the passto trigger fired ?? How and where can I see how op 1 transfers its ts to op 2 when it receives a preempting TS.
Old 05-06-2013
Flexsim User

Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Enable debugging

Hello Arjun,

do you have enabled debugging?
Main Menu > File > Global Preferrences > Compiler >Enable Debugging

Jörg
Old 05-06-2013
Flexsim User

Ok, I turned it on. But what now ?
Old 05-06-2013
Flexsim User

I seem to have found a work around.. I destroy the previous TS which was being preempted by op1 and instead I wrote another task sequence for operator 2 on the onrecievetasksequence trigger for op1. The model is attached. if any one has a better solution please share.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm exp.fsm (67.7 KB, 120 views)
Old 05-07-2013
Flexsim User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mearjun View Post
Ok, I turned it on. But what now ?
Now, if you run the model, the run stops at the red point next to the code row you set the point.
Old 05-07-2013
Flexsim User

That was happening before as well. Would you mind checking the latest model that I posted. It seems to work. Check the onrecievetasksequence trigger on op1. Its a work around I know, but let me know if there is a better solution.
Old 05-07-2013
Flexsim User

Quote:
That was happening before as well. Would you mind checking the latest model that I posted. It seems to work. Check the onrecievetasksequence trigger on op1. Its a work around I know, but let me know if there is a better solution.
When I say op 1 I mean POD1_1.. Sorry for that confusion
Old 05-08-2013
Flexsim User

Back to your starting post:
Quote:
The title is confusing so here is the description.. another simple thing I am trying to do here is that I have two operators ...
I have attched a very simple standard model which does what you want:
An Operater takes over the job from another Operator. An explanation is in the Information of Processor3.

Jörg

OperatorTakesOverProcessJob.fsm
same model with a dispatched, own written Utilize tasksequence
OperatorTakesOverProcessJob-manually_jv.fsm

Last edited by Jörg Vogel; 12-03-2014 at 02:56 AM.