ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 11-07-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 16
Uploads: 0
Lorenzo Gutierrez is on a distinguished road
Default Repeating Tasksequence

Hello FlexSimers,

I need to know the best way to accomplish the following with the attached model. I need the transporter to repeat the following delivery cycle once per month:
1) Dropoff and Pickup at Site 1B
2) Dropoff and Pickup at Site 1A
3) Dropoff and Pickup at Site A
4) Dropoff and Pickup at Site B

When the sim starts there will be nothing to drop off for steps 1 and 2, nor to pickup at steps 3 and 4. I'm using network nodes because I need to enter in a virtual distance between the three sites.

My original method did not end up working so I'm approaching this with a blank slate to see what you have in terms of ideas. I eventually need to incorporate item type footprint and transporter capacity so if you have thoughts on that, I'd appreciate it.

Regards,

LG
Attached Files
File Type: fsm delivery.fsm (38.5 KB, 70 views)
Old 11-08-2013
CCS, India

Downloads: 67
arunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rougharunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rougharunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rougharunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rough

Lorrenzo Guiterezz,

Can you explain in detail,What you want?
The Following User Says Thank You to arunkrmahadeva For This Useful Post:
Lorenzo Gutierrez (11-10-2013)
Old 11-08-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 27
Esther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to all

Hello Lorenzo,

There are many ways to do this, i.e. you could close all pick up output ports at reset and open the first once per month, using a user event. At the exit of the last item, close the port again and open the port of the next pick up station.

My answer was created without taking a look at your model. After opening your model I am not sure what you want to do, so I am not sure my answer will help you...

Esther

Last edited by Esther Bennett; 11-08-2013 at 07:22 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Esther Bennett For This Useful Post:
Jörg Vogel (11-08-2013)
Old 11-10-2013
Flexsim User

Thank you arunkrmahadeva - Sorry for the confusion. I hope this helps: I have four queues, two at Site 1 which are 1A and 1B. The other two are Site A and Site B. I need the transporter to repeat a monthly schedule of:
1) Dropping off and Picking up at Site 1B, then
2) Dropping off and Picking up at Site 1A, then
3) Dropping off and Picking up at Site A, then
4) Dropoff and Pickup at Site B

This needs to happen once per month.

Thanks

LG
Old 11-10-2013
Flexsim User

Thank you Esther. I'll try implementing your suggestion. So I guess I would have the user event repeat every month?
The Following User Says Thank You to Lorenzo Gutierrez For This Useful Post:
Jörg Vogel (11-11-2013)
Old 11-11-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 27
Esther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to all

Yes Lorenzo, repeat the user event every month is what I mean.
Old 11-13-2013
Administrator

Downloads: 1
Logan Gold will become famous soon enough

Lorenzo,

I am attaching your model that I have modified. I changed all the Use Transport code (in the Flow tab) of each Pickup queue to be 0 (so the queues still know to use a transport, but the 0 indicates there is a custom task sequence being used).

Then, I created a User Event that sends a message to Transporter21 every so often. In the example, it is every 100 seconds starting at 50 seconds. This message sends a number 1 as message parameter 1, and this parameter is used as part of a switch statement in the OnMessage trigger of Transporter21.

The OnMessage trigger of Transporter21 should be somewhat straightforward. I have also included comments to help explain. It basically creates a task sequence for each queue, one at a time. The task sequence will have the transporter either pick up or drop off any items at the current queue. It also sends the transporter to the next queue and (upon arrival) will send a delayed message of time 0 to itself to start the task sequence for the next queue.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm delivery_customts_1.fsm (63.4 KB, 54 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Logan Gold For This Useful Post:
Lorenzo Gutierrez (11-18-2013)
Old 11-18-2013
Flexsim User

Default Thank you

Thanks Logan. I'm learning a lot through the model you posted which I honestly only noticed was posted on Friday so my apologies for the delay. I'm dissecting it bit by bit to fully understand it. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by logangold View Post
Lorenzo,

I am attaching your model that I have modified. I changed all the Use Transport code (in the Flow tab) of each Pickup queue to be 0 (so the queues still know to use a transport, but the 0 indicates there is a custom task sequence being used).

Then, I created a User Event that sends a message to Transporter21 every so often. In the example, it is every 100 seconds starting at 50 seconds. This message sends a number 1 as message parameter 1, and this parameter is used as part of a switch statement in the OnMessage trigger of Transporter21.

The OnMessage trigger of Transporter21 should be somewhat straightforward. I have also included comments to help explain. It basically creates a task sequence for each queue, one at a time. The task sequence will have the transporter either pick up or drop off any items at the current queue. It also sends the transporter to the next queue and (upon arrival) will send a delayed message of time 0 to itself to start the task sequence for the next queue.
Old 11-18-2013
Flexsim User

Thumbs up Simplified Version

Logan,

Thank you for your model. To reinforce what I learned with it, I created a simplified version of it. I have included it here to benefit anyone else who wants something similar (and less chaotic then the one I originally attached to this thread which you modified for me).

It took me a while to figure out how you were initiating the "dropoff" label on the flow items. I finally looked in the tree and learned what you did, which was to initiate the label by editing the default label settings of the item type within tree. Very cool!

Another very important thing you taught me was that a custom ts is "expected" when you return a 0 on a "use transport" field.

Logic for the model is just like you created, and located within:
1) User Event - kicks off TS and gives it a repeat interval
2) On Msg of transporter (I really like the switch + for loop logic)
3) On Exit of the queues to set its dropoff label

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Lorenzo
Attached Files
File Type: fsm RepeatCustomTaskSequence.fsm (37.3 KB, 46 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Lorenzo Gutierrez For This Useful Post:
sagar bolisetti (11-19-2013)

Tags
repeat tasksequence

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Do the job sequently(advanced tasksequence) john mic Q&A 2 05-09-2010 07:07 AM
one question about tasksequence? LINWEIXU Q&A 12 08-12-2009 08:01 PM
one question about tasksequence priority? LINWEIXU Q&A 6 08-07-2009 09:15 PM
Non Repeating Random Numbers Xavier Jackson Q&A 3 07-30-2008 09:54 AM
Remove a tasksequence from a tasksequencequeue? AlanZhang Q&A 11 10-19-2007 03:50 PM