ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 03-30-2009
Flexsim Distributor

Downloads: 74
Uploads: 0
David Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura about
Default ObjectFunction Exception

Hi

Does anyone knows what is the ObjectFunction Exception error? What does it means?

I only have the following warning code at the system console, what should I check for?
"time: 1373.222219 ex: ObjectFunction Exception at: ex: "

I have model that seems to be running fine with .4.32 but has many problem in running on 4.52. Anyone faced the same thing?

David
Old 03-31-2009
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

David,

If you switch "trace on" you get more information with these messages. (Menu: View -> Trace Debugger -> Trace on)

You said you didn't have any problems in 4.32. Have you run the model there with the system console open? Maybe the problems where there also but you didn't see them?

Your error is an exception error, so this is a wrong pointer one way or the other. So in your code you have to look for pointer errors.

Steven
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steven Hamoen For This Useful Post:
Nico Zahn (07-16-2009)
Old 07-16-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 4
Nico Zahn has a spectacular aura aboutNico Zahn has a spectacular aura about

Hi there,
I have a modell which is sometimes terminating the Flexsim app, so I looked at the system console, found an exeption, switched on the trace and found the following:

treewin__OnCommand__command, return 0;
ex: ObjectFunction Exception at: ex: [invalid class], Robot, OnPreDraw, MAIN:/project/library/FlexsimObject>behaviour/eventfunctions/OnPreDraw
ex: ObjectFunction Exception at: ex: [invalid class], Robot, OnPreDraw, MAIN:/project/library/FlexsimObject>behaviour/eventfunctions/OnPreDraw
buttoncallback.buttonnode Go
time: 0.000000 ex: ObjectFunction Exception at: ex: [invalid class], Robot, OnPreDraw, MAIN:/project/library/FlexsimObject>behaviour/eventfunctions/OnPreDraw
time: 0.000000 ex: ObjectFunction Exception at: ex: [invalid class], Robot, OnPreDraw, MAIN:/project/library/FlexsimObject>behaviour/eventfunctions/OnPreDraw

So what is this and what can I do about it..
the ex: is comming up very often, so I gues thats the reason for the model to terminate!

(The modell is still FS 4.32 and does not run (I could not find the reason by now, on FS 4.5!) , so simply pulling the model up to 4.5 is not an option!)
Old 07-16-2009
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

It looks like the predraw function of your robot gives the exception (could be earlier in the chain somewhere) This is consistent with the fact that you get a lot of them (based on the refresh rate of your screen) Maybe the ondraw function has a problem? Or check out the code of the predraw function.

Exception have usually to do with pointers being wrong or strings (but if you stay within Flexsim that is usually no problem)

Could luck with debugging
Old 07-17-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 4
Nico Zahn has a spectacular aura aboutNico Zahn has a spectacular aura about

Hi Steven,
I looked at the code but I don´t have a clue whats going wrong...
So the exeption is thrown from an object in the library, and I never changed anything there...
I think is a case for the developers of Flexsim....
Old 07-17-2009
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

Unless you post your model, we can't help you figure out what is wrong with it. The Robot object in the library is working fine without exceptions. It is something specific in your model.

If you can't post your model on the forum, send it to Flexsim Support and they can help you.