ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 07-20-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 0
Anthony Timmiss will become famous soon enoughAnthony Timmiss will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Processor with Turn Table Fixture

Has anybody created a processor with a turn table fixture. I want to model a 'Heller' Machining centre. The turn table allows one side to be unloaded/loaded while the other side of the turn table has parts that are being machined. If someone was willing to share this I would appreciate it, if not some guidance on how best to create one would be appreciated.

Thanks

Anthony
Old 07-21-2009
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Anthony,

Poeple often ask how to do this, so I started describing my thoughts about how to approach it, and then realized it would be quicker to build it - so here it is.

This example is capable of doing two-stage or single-stage (i.e same operation at both ends). It's configured as two stage when you load it, but just change the 'two-stage' label on the turntable Visual Tool to zero and change the processor connections to make it single stage (ie. from and to conveyors, rather than involving the queue/buffer position)

The rotation kinematic is on the turntable messagetrigger. Multiprocessors are set to WAITING via a delayed message. The code on both multiprocessors are pretty much the same. The Doors open and close process steps could be linked to some other kinematic objects.

It's not perfect as is, but I hope it helps.

Jason
Attached Files
File Type: zip ExampleTurntable.zip (86.8 KB, 603 views)

Last edited by Jason Lightfoot; 07-31-2015 at 08:15 AM. Reason: Uploaded missing file
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jason Lightfoot For This Useful Post:
Tom David (07-21-2009)
Old 07-23-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 41
Anthony Timmiss will become famous soon enoughAnthony Timmiss will become famous soon enough

I've found Jason's model very useful and have altered how it looks to suit my application. (attached)

I have another question which I think is worth opening up to the forum.

The model uses multi-processors which are very important to how the model runs and they suit the type of operation. However the operation I am going to model processes 6 parts at a time. The multi processor only allows you to process 1 part at a time. What is the easiest way to prcoess 6 parts at a time.

My only idea is to use a combiner to join the parts together, but then this requires a separator as well. The model accuracy may also be affected as the operator would only be handling 1 part instead of six.

Are there any other easier and more graphically accurate methods?

Thanks

Anthony
Attached Files
File Type: zip My Machining Centre.zip (72.3 KB, 522 views)

Last edited by Jason Lightfoot; 07-31-2015 at 08:15 AM. Reason: Uploaded missing file
The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Timmiss For This Useful Post:
Tom David (07-28-2009)
Old 07-23-2009
Flexsim Consultant

Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

Okay Anthony,

People don't often ask for this - what I've done is a 'developer level' workaround that seems to work and would need some testing. I've added a qty label on each multiprocessor to say how many parts should go in together.

Anyone thinking of using this should note it's not really supported, but you may get away with it. In particular I'm not initialising and cleaning the itemvars as I should, and the port values may be incorrect in the triggers when using transport.

Again - as a quick and dirty solution it may be okay. With a dll or c it may be possible to implement correctly - we'd need to check with Anthony.

Jason
Attached Files
File Type: zip My Machining Centre2.zip (79.6 KB, 507 views)

Last edited by Jason Lightfoot; 07-31-2015 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Uploaded missing file
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jason Lightfoot For This Useful Post:
Tom David (07-28-2009)
Old 07-31-2015
Flexsim User

Downloads: 16
Katharina Muller is on a distinguished road
Default New conveyor module: turntable & side transfers

Hello,

I was wondering how to efficiently implement a turn table in the new conveyor module (either 2 entries to 1 exit or 1 entry to 2 exits). I have done this in my model, but as some items can pass through without turning, I had to overlay 2 conveyors and then have to ensure that not wrong transfers are created automatically between them. I mean it works now, but I just feel there could be an easier/leaner way to do it :-) Especially as I need several of them in my model. Tried to save a prototype in my user library, but the decision points get messed-up when I load it into the model again.
(Sorry I could not download your previous model, all download links in the forum lead me to 1 pixel gif file only )

Also I have a lot of transfers between chain and roller conveyors, where I only need the pop-up distance at either the start or the end depending on transfer type. The item will continue on that level over several conveyors till the next side transfer. While I can adjust the timing correctly, I cannot adjust the pop-up distance independently (now it still jumps back to old position in 0 time). I could translate the item all manually with decision points at each side transfer without using the in-built functionality, but my model is quiet large. It would be more convenient for me to simply define 2 TransferTypes RollerToChain (pop-up: +5 cm at start of transfer) and ChainToRoller (pop-up: -5 cm at end of transfer).

Thanks for any tips,
Kat
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	turntables.jpg
Views:	670
Size:	368.1 KB
ID:	2951  
Old 08-01-2015
Flexsim User

Default Solved

No worries, found a more elegant solution for my turntables :-)
Old 08-03-2015
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold
Default How?

Could you please share your solution?
Old 08-03-2015
Flexsim Consultant

New thread? This one is about a workstation with a turntable positioner.
Old 08-12-2015
Flexsim User

Default Simple turntable example

Hi Sebastian,

okay here is my test model. My programming is bit basic, surely some of the pro-users can do this with much less code, but maybe easier to understand for new users at least

By the way I have tried before to get the blocked state of the photoeye ("PE") directly via if(getstatenum(PE)==2), because I could see in the tree that it was currently in state 2, but the code did not work. So I set labels instead via the Block and Clear triggers...
If anyone knows why this is or how to check the state of photoeyes, then please let me know

The model description is in the dashboard of the example file and in the output console each box is telling what it is doing right now...

Cheers,
Kat
Attached Files
File Type: fsm simple-turntable-example.fsm (34.2 KB, 553 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Katharina Muller For This Useful Post:
Sebastian Hemmann (08-13-2015)
Old 08-12-2015
Jing Chen

Downloads: 2

Hi Kat
I can not run your test model correctly.
The problem I met is when the first green box meet the photoeye, it will turn left. But once it get all in the StraightConveyor21, It will jump back to the Turn Table and the model stopped.

That is my operational issue or something others?
I attach the screenshot and you maybe can help me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	QQ截图20150813091304.png
Views:	506
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	2979  
Old 08-13-2015
Flexsim User

Dear Jing,

hmmm, no idea, in my large model it works fine. Have you already updated to conveyor module version to 1.0.8? Anyone else having the same issue?
Also maybe check that you have not moved the decision points a little bit by mistake when clicking on them, sometimes the behavior may change depending on their location and relation to each other.

Regards,
Kat

Tags
decisionpoint, photoeye

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Turn table David Chan Q&A 1 07-21-2009 11:05 AM
Can I make a column of a global table to type table? qin tian Q&A 0 10-01-2008 09:27 PM
Table Commands Library Brandon Peterson User Development 5 09-25-2008 09:25 AM
School table asid_amin_o Q&A 10 02-25-2008 03:57 AM
How to turn on stats history in Vista to use Record object syseo Q&A 1 09-22-2007 01:45 AM