ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Gripes and Goodies
FAQ Downloads Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Gripes and Goodies Software problems and suggestions

Old 07-16-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Bennett Foster is on a distinguished road
Default Recorder Histogram Problem

When using the recorder to generate a histogram, the value on the Y-axis (number or "hits" recorded for the tallest bar in the histogram) was way too large. Discussing this with Alex Christensen, he confirmed that there's a problem - there's a histogram entry every time there's an event in the model!

Alex supplied a work-around (which I haven't had time to implement yet).

Last edited by Alex Christensen; 07-17-2008 at 11:31 AM. Reason: got rid of "Contact him directly for more information."
Old 07-17-2008
Flexsim Technical Support

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 8
Alex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to behold

My solution was to use a global table to keep track of the histogram data, then when I want to add a hit to the histogram, I just increment the proper row with something like this (from the OnExit trigger in the sink):
Code:
/**Custom Code*/
treenode item = parnode(1);
treenode current = ownerobject(c);
int port = parval(2);

double throughtime=time()-getcreationtime(item);
double bucketsize=15;//this is manually adjusted to fit the data
int row=2+throughtime/bucketsize;//2 because 0 should go in the first bucket, which is row 2 because row 1 is underflow
inc(gettablecell("myhistogram",min(row,12),1),1);//12 because there are 10 buckets plus underflow and overflow
. Then, I used a modified VisualTool from this post (http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...read.php?t=509) to display the table if there are nonzero values in it. I clear the global table onReset (Checkbox in global table editor).
Attached Files
File Type: zip histogram.zip (44.4 KB, 311 views)
Old 07-18-2008
The Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6
Brandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant future

Bennet,

Can you post the model you were having problems with? It may be something more simple than a bug.

Brandon