ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 10-23-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 23
Uploads: 0
Simon Riopel is on a distinguished road
Default Effects of StopObject on a Source

Hi,
I would like to know what is the effects of the command "stopobject" on a source object ?

What I want to know with that question is when I stop the source and I resume it with the command resumeobject, does the source reset the inter-arrival-time when resuming ? Or it continue at the time that was stopped ?

Thank you !

Simon
Old 10-28-2008
The Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6
Brandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant future

Simon,

Stop object postpones all of the current events on an object for an indefinite period of time. When you resume the object those events are brought back to the current time, having been delayed for the amount of time between the two function calls. So if I'm going to produce a part in 10 seconds when stop object is called, then later when resume object is called I will produce a part 10 seconds later.

The long and short of it is that the command onlyl delays events it does not reset them.

Good Luck,
Brandon

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
how to import excel in source? qin tian Q&A 6 01-11-2010 10:58 PM
Import of data in schedule of a source Matthias Hofmann Q&A 3 10-07-2008 09:30 AM
Time-Varrying Source Doesn't Like Small Standard Deviation david_white Q&A 10 06-26-2008 01:31 PM
Help on flexsim data input into source and processer TanSiying Q&A 4 10-30-2007 07:55 PM
How to use the actual date/time data in Arrival Schedule Mode of Source syseo Q&A 0 10-12-2007 08:22 PM