ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
FAQ Downloads Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 02-26-2014
Flexsim User

Downloads: 20
Uploads: 0
achuta kalidindi is on a distinguished road
Default Negative values for conveyor "Product Z-Offset" in Flexsim 7

Hi,

I am trying to have pallets move under the conveyor in Flexsim 7 and am updating the "Product Z offset" to a negative value, but when I apply the settings it always reverts back to zero. I tried the same in Flexsim 6, and it works fine. Did anyone encounter this issue or know how to resolve this ?
The Following User Says Thank You to achuta kalidindi For This Useful Post:
arunkrmahadeva (02-26-2014)
Old 02-26-2014
CCS, India

Downloads: 67
arunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rougharunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rougharunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rougharunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rough

Dear Achuta,

Use setvarnum(current,"prodzoffset",-1); your model will work.You might have tried setnodenum is it so.

Regards,

Arun
Old 02-26-2014
Flexsim User

Downloads: 20
achuta kalidindi is on a distinguished road
Default It works!!, but still dont understand why the option in GUI won't work

Hi Arun, Thank you for the solution, it does what I am looking for.

I did not try to use code before, as there is an option in the conveyor menu to enter the Z-offset value, but when a negative value is entered it resets to zero when I try to apply. It works fine if it is a positive value, I did not have this problem in Flexsim 6, and was trying to understand what might be causing this issue.
Old 02-26-2014
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

This is a bug. Thanks for pointing it out. We've added it to the development list.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phil BoBo For This Useful Post:
Jörg Vogel (02-27-2014), Sebastian Hemmann (03-01-2014)