ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 10-18-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
bsantens is on a distinguished road
Default make transporters cycle a specific path

Hello,

my question about flexsim might be easy, but i just started working with it so i am just a beginner: i have a few transporters and 4 queue's, and i want the transporters to first bring a package from queue 1 to queue 2 and then bring a package from queue 3 to queue 4, so always in a cycle. if there is no package available at a queue (queue 1 or 3) the transporter has to wait untill a package is available. how do i do something like this? thx very much for all the help!
Old 10-20-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 0
bsantens is on a distinguished road

anyone who has an idea or thinks this is impossible in flexsim? I really need it for my thesis so it is pretty important, thanks very much!
Old 10-20-2008
Technical Support Manager

Downloads: 79
Jeff Nordgren is just really niceJeff Nordgren is just really niceJeff Nordgren is just really niceJeff Nordgren is just really nice

It should be easy for Flexsim to do something like that. I'm just not clear on exactly what you want to accomplish. Can you send the model you have? Maybe then it would make more sense what you are trying to accomplish.
Old 10-21-2008
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 12
Martijn van Oostenbrugge is a name known to allMartijn van Oostenbrugge is a name known to allMartijn van Oostenbrugge is a name known to allMartijn van Oostenbrugge is a name known to allMartijn van Oostenbrugge is a name known to allMartijn van Oostenbrugge is a name known to all

Hi bsantens,

I've added a little model, which should do what I think you want it to do. To be able to achieve your functionality I've used a label on Queue1, a label on Queue3, a label on each flowitem and a controller which decides if you're allowed to dispach a job. The job is dispatched manually and contains the Queue1->Queue2,Queue3->Queue4 functionality.

The label on the flowitems are necessary to keep track on which flowitems are already dispatched. The labels on Queue1 and Queue3 are not really necessary, but keeps it more clear I think.

So check the OnMessage of the Controller and see if you understand what is happening. I've added a model with and without a network.

Hope it's what you want!

Martijn
Attached Files
File Type: zip ExamplesTwoStationJob.zip (146.6 KB, 316 views)
Old 10-21-2008
The Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6
Brandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant future

All,

An easy way to do this would be to use the ports to cotrol the flow and let the queues dispatch normally. If you close the outpt to Queue3 until a flowitem exits Queue1 and then close the output of Queue1 until a flowitem exits Queue3 you would be able to get the model to do what you want. However, this only works is you have one dispatcher.

If you had multiple dispatchers and you wanted them to run in some kind of cycle so as they went to Queue1 and waited for a flowitem and then after moving that flowitem they went to Queue3 and waited for a flowitem. You could use subtasks to check for a flowitem and pick it up if its there and move on if its not but if you needed the transports to wait then you would probably want to do something more a long the lines of what Martijn has posted.

Good Luck,
Brandon

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Close A Specific Port Joe Allen Q&A 2 09-11-2008 06:30 PM
How to get a full path of the current open Flexsim model file. Regan Blackett Tips and Tricks 7 04-17-2008 10:39 AM
My gripes and improvement suggestions for v4.30 (Ctrl+C/V in tables, media path updater) Tom David Gripes and Goodies 2 03-18-2008 08:29 PM
How to control path of travelers on network route? qin tian Q&A 4 02-20-2008 04:01 AM
shortest path algorithm Vinay Mehendiratta Q&A 5 01-25-2008 11:42 AM