ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Flexsim Student Forum
Downloads

Flexsim Student Forum Forum for discussion for Flexsim Students using the Flexsim Textbook.

Old 05-03-2015
hendry teo

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 0
Default distribution with 3 outcomes

Hi all,

After a processor has done processing, I want the flowitem to be 85% Itemtype 1, 10% Itemtype 2, and 5% Itemtype 3. What distribution should I use or how should I set so that the Itemtype produced can be statistically distributed?

Thanks

Hendry
Old 05-03-2015
Flexsim User

Downloads: 145
sagar bolisetti is a jewel in the roughsagar bolisetti is a jewel in the roughsagar bolisetti is a jewel in the roughsagar bolisetti is a jewel in the rough

Hi hendry

In order to send items with a defined percentage through a processor. The first job is to collect items because the processor capacity is one.Place a Queue object for collecting the items in front of the processor and select the template “Set item type by percentage” in the entry trigger. This makes you to define the percentage you want to set for a itemtype.Next in the exit trigger you choose “Sort by expression” and decide in which order you wish to send the items at its output port .
The Following User Says Thank You to sagar bolisetti For This Useful Post:
hendry teo (05-03-2015)
Old 05-03-2015
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

On the send to port of the flow tab,simply select by Percentage and enter the percentages you want.

Or create an emperical distribution (see helpfile) and use that to determine you next port
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steven Hamoen For This Useful Post:
Jörg Vogel (05-03-2015)
Old 05-03-2015
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

try dempirical

Jörg
The Following User Says Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
hendry teo (05-03-2015)
Old 05-03-2015
hendry teo

Default erm

just to confirm with you all,

I create a globaltable with 2 columns and 3 rows, in which the first column is the probability percentage with the values of 0.85, 0.10, and 0.05. Then the associated value in column 2 is the Itemtype of 1,2, and 3.

This is what I have learnt from the help files. But I am not sure whether or not it is correct because the output shows that out of 1000 items, only 1 to 2 itemtype 2 and 3. I expected it to be 100++ for itemtype 2 and 3.

Thanks again for the helpful information.

Hendry
Old 05-03-2015
hendry teo

Default GOT IT!

Hi guys,

I am so sorry. I should not have put the percentages as in so small number like 0.85, 0.10 and 0.05. It should be between 0 and 100, so it must be 85, 10 and 5.
It works very well now.
Thank you so much!!

hendry
The Following User Says Thank You to hendry teo For This Useful Post:
Jörg Vogel (05-03-2015)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Distribution of a flowitem in a rack location Johnny Retana Q&A 2 10-19-2012 12:21 PM
Exponential Distribution Guillermo Arce Q&A 15 12-21-2010 12:36 PM
Help me on Pallete Distribution shafizad Q&A 2 08-07-2010 12:44 AM
About Gate Arrival pattern(distribution). zhang xin Container Terminal (CT) Library 2 11-26-2009 03:53 PM
statistical distribution operator bsantens Q&A 4 04-02-2009 09:37 AM