ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 01-02-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Max Roethig is on a distinguished road
Default Combine flowitems to a batch

Hi there,

I am a really novice with Flexsim, so sorry for this maybe dumb question

Please imagine there is a source creating 3 different products with different itemtypes and quantity. I want to know how I can collect batches of the diverse flowitems (with its different itemtypes) with differing batchsizes?
(So the batchsize for itemtype1 should be 10, for itemtype2 15 and for itemtype3 20.)

The second problem that I have is: if the quantity with which the source create the flowitems from above is not a factor of the batchsize, there will be a remainder.
How can I say to Flexsim, that in this case the batchsize is not 10 but (let's say) 5?

I have attached a very simple model to clarify what I mean. The 3 itemtypes should pass from queue 1 to queue 2 (in the above mentioned batchsizes).

I would be very happy for your help
Attached Files
File Type: fsm batch.fsm (28.3 KB, 100 views)
Old 01-03-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Max,

the approach batching won't work in the queue with the internal function.
Hence the change of the variable "batchsize" isn't updated on every collecting cycle
You can still use your own management with closeinput, openinput and closeoutput, openoutput.

Maybe is the combination of a combiner and right behind a separator something you are looking for.

Joerg
Old 01-03-2013
Flexsim User

Hi Joerg,

thanks for your reply!
It don't has to be 2 Queues in a row. It should be a kind of example, but anyway.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by closeinput, closeoutput, ...
Is it like in the model that I have attached? If this is the case, it is near to this approach that I want in my model, but there is still not the varrying batchsize. How would this work?

I don't really get the approach with the combiner and seperator right behind each other. I fail to adjust the combiner the way that it only combines same itemtypes. And even if this works, how could the combiner handle the varrying batchsizes?

Best regards,
Max
Attached Files
File Type: fsm example.fsm (27.7 KB, 88 views)
Old 01-03-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Max,

stay by your posted model, it is the right way.
You can use the commands close- and open- output/input to build your batching size in your Queue3. On Reset close the output of the Queue3 for building the batch. After sending enough items close the input of the Queue3 and open thereafter the output. If the queue is empty close the output and open the input again.
An empty object hasn't OnExit a content of "0", it has a content of "1".
The leaving item is still counted.

Joerg
Old 01-03-2013
Flexsim User

Hi Joerg,

I really do appreciate your help
But, I unfortunately fail to adjust the Queue the way you suggested. I think the Triggeroption "Close and Open Ports" is what you meant?
How can I say that the Queue shall collect x objects until the next action is performed and where do I specify the itemtype for the specific action?

I am so confused!
Attached Files
File Type: fsm batch.fsm (28.2 KB, 79 views)
Old 01-03-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 439
syseo has a spectacular aura aboutsyseo has a spectacular aura about
Default reference model

Hi.

I hope this attached model to make you help.

Another experts will make you help to change the batch size.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm diverse batch 0.91.fsm (32.2 KB, 113 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to syseo For This Useful Post:
Max Roethig (01-04-2013)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
can't be pull in port#2 in combine object syseo Q&A 4 07-11-2011 03:58 AM
We Can't use 'pull input' in combine object? syseo Q&A 1 07-11-2011 01:32 AM
Change the downstream Combiner's batch quantity to this object's batch Nico Zahn Q&A 4 01-07-2011 04:18 PM
Batch production (Batch size for processor) Patrick Cap Q&A 12 03-27-2009 12:14 AM
Flexsim and Linear Programming: How to combine? Goksin Yilmaz Q&A 3 05-02-2008 01:35 AM