ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 08-21-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0
mearjun will become famous soon enough
Default Incomprehensible exception

Hello everyone. I am getting a strange exception in my model which otherwise works fine. But I cannot have this pop-up in a presentation. Kindly help me understand it:

time: 1433.640145 exception: Exception Caught in dispatchtasksequence(fsnode* tasksequence, fsnode* dispatcher DEFAULTNULL)
time: 1433.640145 exception: Exception Caught in ObjectFunction080__project_exec_commandlist_dispat chtasksequence_node object: MAIN:/project/exec/commandlist/dispatchtasksequence/node class: MAIN:/project/exec/commandlist/dispatchtasksequence/node
Old 08-21-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 56
Hao Zhou will become famous soon enoughHao Zhou will become famous soon enough

You may pass in a invalid ts, dispatcher or te. You can search where you call this function. Put a debug point there, run the model and see what happens for this function.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hao Zhou For This Useful Post:
Jörg Vogel (08-22-2013)
Old 09-08-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 5
mearjun will become famous soon enough

Thats the whole problem. Where is the invalid TS being passed ?
Old 09-09-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Arjun,

I think, I have read the following advices before, but I can't find them anymore.
Make your model repeatable. The thread of Cliff King will help you.
Run the simulation to get the exception.
Set a stop time previous to the exception time.
Run the simulation again.
Analyze your model.
Look in the events in the main tree.
Step to the next event in the model run dashboard.

If you use customized tasksequences, insert a tag task with an information of the object dispatching the tasksequence and creationtime. But beware of dependencies to tasksequences which use the number of tasks or a special order.
Edit:
If you know the taskexecuter throwing the exception, you can insert a tag task to every received tasksequence with the information of the receiving time in that taskexecuter. Look for the object at the next run which holds that tasksequence previous to the taskexecuter. If it isn't the dispatcher of the tasksequence, use the previous method again and insert a tag task to identify the receiving time. A place to insert a task is the Place To function of taskexecuters or dispatchers.

Jörg
Old 09-09-2013
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

You can find exceptions easier using the Event Log (Debug > Event Log). It logs exceptions as an entry in the table. The entry immediately above the exception entry is the code where the exception happened.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phil BoBo For This Useful Post:
Steven Hamoen (09-10-2013)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Exception caught in globalcommand_savebyname mutyisi Q&A 2 12-15-2014 05:55 AM
Exception Caught Sung Kim Q&A 1 05-14-2013 11:39 AM
Strange exception Shahin Gelareh Q&A 1 04-04-2012 11:57 PM
Strange exception Shahin Gelareh Container Terminal (CT) Library 1 12-15-2011 12:48 PM
ObjectFunction Exception David Chan Q&A 5 07-17-2009 09:08 AM