ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 03-10-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0
cedric molthoff is on a distinguished road
Question Sending messages to Flexsim

Hi,

I’m experimenting with Flexsim for a while now. I’m getting pretty familiar with the program, only one problem I can’t solve.

I’ve got an external source which delivers some parameters, for example the conveyer speed.
The structure that I’m trying to set-up: When changes occur in the external source, an external program will pass these changes through within a (Flexsim) message. The reason for this structure is that I do not want Flexsim to check constantly for changes in the source.

I understand this is possible and I did find some experiments based on VB. Now I have no knowledge of VB, so I want to do it in C++ but don’t know where to start.

What is the best way to send these messages with C++?

(I’m using: Flexsim 4.5, MS Windows XP, MS visual C++ 2008)

Thanks in advance,
Cedric
Old 03-10-2010
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Cedric,

Have you thought about using a DLL? If you use the set up that Flexsim has made for creating a DLL (see: http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...read.php?t=382)
you can send flexsim messages from within a C++ environment. How you want to get the trigger for the messages into the DLL, you probably know yourself.

Steven
Old 03-10-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 13
cedric molthoff is on a distinguished road

Dear Steven,

Thanks for your quick reaction!

I have thought about using DLL’s. But by using DLL’s Flexsim has to look constantly if something has changed. In small models this is no problem, but when we go big, this will increase the sequence time of Flexsim. Now I want the smallest sequence time, so it gets nearby real time and won’t miss any changes. By ripping the processes apart, you will get smaller sequence times.

Tags
c++, extern, messages, remote

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question on sending to different ports Jamie Santa Ana Container Terminal (CT) Library 2 09-09-2009 02:54 PM