ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 05-28-2015
Flexsim User

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
koenslootmans is on a distinguished road
Default Force items to cell in many different racks

Hello,

I have 90 racks defined in my model.
I now need to push instantiated boxes into these racks at specific places using flexscript.

I know how to do this via the use of labels on the boxes combined with the "Place in bay" and "place in shelf" code on the racks. but this would have me to manually copy paste the same code in all my racks.
  1. Is there an easy way to update all the code for the "place in bay" for all my racks?
  2. Is there something reverse to the rackgetitembybayshelf() that exists ? like rackputiteminbayshelf() ? which would override the place in bay code ?

Kr,
Koen
Old 05-28-2015
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Koen,

there is a tool for selected objects: Main Menu > View > edit selected objects. You can copy a specific variable from the highlighted object (yellow frame) to all selected objects (red frame). In the menu next to the button variable you choose the variable you like to copy and then you press the button variable.
Even better than in my explanation you find it in the video "duplicating objects" in the section FlexTips Series on the Start Page of Flexsim.

Jörg
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
Phil BoBo (05-29-2015)
Old 05-29-2015
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

And if you make the code you put in all the racks a call to a usercommand, you have to do this only once and after that you can simply edit the usercommand.

And if you put all the racks in a group then if you want to changes something afterwards you can easily select all the racks again.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Steven Hamoen For This Useful Post:
Phil BoBo (05-29-2015)
Old 05-29-2015
Flexsim User

Downloads: 2
koenslootmans is on a distinguished road
Default it worked

Hello ,

Thanks for the solution it worked very well

Tags
rack bay

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can you force quit/exit the debugger? Axel Kohonen Q&A 2 04-21-2015 12:00 AM
Z position of racks ameen shabeer Q&A 5 12-17-2012 06:36 AM
How to force a combiner task John Behrends Q&A 1 06-27-2012 09:06 AM
How to change the location of items in a rack cell from y to x direction? Tom David Q&A 3 11-23-2008 10:52 AM
Operator not unloading items before picking up priority items Howe Chiat Cheng Q&A 2 05-28-2008 02:05 AM