ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 11-14-2013
FlexSim Geek

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1
Carsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud of
Default TimeTables strange behaviour?

I've found a strange behaviour if I use weekly time tables:

The simulation model starts at 3 AM, the shift is working from 4 am to 18 pm (Monday - Friday). After the weekend the shift starts at midnight instead of 4 am.

Are there any dependencies which I'm not aware of?

I'm using FlexSim 7.0.2 - 64bit.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm TimeTable_issue.fsm (19.7 KB, 65 views)
Old 11-14-2013
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

When I run your model, the shift still starts at 4 AM on Monday after the weekend.

The Down Function and Resume Function don't only fire at the points when it changes from operational time to down time and vice-versa. Those functions also can get fired at various repeat times even if it will still be in the same state.

For example, it went down at Friday at 8 PM and that downtime lasts until Monday at 12 AM when it goes back up to decide whether to go down again. So there is a Resume on Monday at 12 AM and another Down also on Monday at 12 AM. So even though the triggers fired, the object is still down at 12:01 AM as it should be.

The same thing is also happening at 3 AM. The triggers are firing and the object is still down as it should be. It doesn't come back up (and stay up for a time period longer than 0 seconds) until 4 AM as you specified in the schedule.

I don't understand what you mean by "Are there any dependencies which I'm not aware of?".
The Following User Says Thank You to Phil BoBo For This Useful Post:
Carsten Seehafer (11-15-2013)
Old 11-15-2013
FlexSim Geek

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1
Carsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil BoBo View Post
The Down Function and Resume Function don't only fire at the points when it changes from operational time to down time and vice-versa. Those functions also can get fired at various repeat times even if it will still be in the same state.
This is the dependency I meant

My problem is that I have to use more than only the stopobject and resumeobject commands. Stopobject and resumeobject are accumulated and work as you told us. But most commands aren't accumulated... (I've added a modified modell with a dashboard. The color of the processor and a tracked variable should show the running state based on the time table functions. The interesting part is between Sunday 23:59 and Monday 04:01).

Following Ideas popped into my mind to solve this:
- User Events instead of Time Tables, but without the nice table view
- Add a control mechanism to Down Function and Resume Function to execute the code only to the right time

Any thoughts or hints?

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: fsm TimeTable_issue.fsm (20.1 KB, 56 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Carsten Seehafer For This Useful Post:
Phil BoBo (11-18-2013)
Old 11-15-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Uploads: 0
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

Am I understanding right, that it is not recommended to use other commands than:

stopobject();
resumeobject();

in Functions of time tables?
Are there any rules describing when trigger fires while staying in state?

Greetings
Old 11-15-2013
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carsten Seehafer View Post
Following Ideas popped into my mind to solve this:
- User Events instead of Time Tables, but without the nice table view
- Add a control mechanism to Down Function and Resume Function to execute the code only to the right time

Any thoughts or hints?
The TimeTables do execute Down and Resume more often than necessary. It is an old object that was designed that way in the beginning for simplicity. It just follows the specified table of times and durations. The graphical time editor just creates that table. It creates that table as simply as possible, without regard for minimizing events.

It is on the development list to update the time tables to create events one at a time and only when necessary, but this is a lower priority than other things because the existing functionality works for bringing objects down at specified times in a specified states for a specified durations, even though the triggers fire more often than seems necessary.

You can set the "Repeat" combo box to Custom or None if you want to specify the times, states, and durations directly in the table for more control.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phil BoBo For This Useful Post:
Jörg Vogel (11-16-2013)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TimeTables and States Lucie Lerivrey Gripes and Goodies 1 06-12-2012 09:06 AM
Timetables & MTEI in Flexsim 5.04 michaelsmith Gripes and Goodies 2 02-10-2011 11:09 AM
Strange selecting objects behaviour in FS5? Paul Dowling Q&A 17 09-03-2010 12:24 AM
Changes in operator behaviour from v3.01 to 3.32 Paul Dowling Q&A 6 05-13-2008 05:51 PM
Strange behaviour non accumulating conveyor Martijn van Oostenbrugge Q&A 3 05-13-2008 10:44 AM