ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 01-30-2014
Flexsim User

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
Marco Bergmann is on a distinguished road
Default Multiprocessor / interupt processing

I have five processes in multiprocessor to simulate a workstation:
1. Loading time (with Operator)
2. Handling time (with Operator)
3. Machine time (without Operator)
4. Handling time (with Operator)
5. Unloading time (with Operator)

Very easy question: Unloading process should just start when next station/queue is available. Otherwise operator would do something which is not possible.

Can i interupt processing? So stop after process 4?
Old 01-30-2014
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

You should use the Operator's Load Time trigger for Process 5.

In the Load Time trigger, you have access to the station that he is loading from, in case you want to have a different load time depending on where he is loading.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phil BoBo For This Useful Post:
mefhsmflexsimbr (02-02-2014)
Old 02-03-2014
Flexsim User

Downloads: 2
Marco Bergmann is on a distinguished road

But i don´t want to have a different time. I need a blockage!

I can describe the reason to have this: I have a workstation and behind a buffer. When buffer is full the operator can not unload the part into buffer. In reality he would let the part in workstation until buffer is available and then take out the part to put it into buffer.
To use multiprocessor in this case the operator will come and do all manual processes (also unload) independent from availability of successing buffer. This is wrong!

I can solve this by create and additonal processor for unloading process and close input when buffer is full.

It think it would be good to have more control of the multiprocessor.
Old 02-03-2014
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think you understand phil's answer. The unload time takes only place when the product is moved from the multiprocessor to queue so it should never be part of your process steps anyway. So only use the first 4 steps, then wait till the buffer gets available and put the unload time in the operator. So it is not a different time, just on a different moment!
Old 02-03-2014
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Marco,

I have tested two scenarios.
  1. closeinput of the Queue in the trigger Onprocessfinish in the multiprocessor which evalutes the last process "if opnum is the last process then closeinput of the Queue"
  2. Create a new utilize-tasksequence with preempt-only parameter for the operator under the same condition in number 1.
Both Scenarios are doing what you want. The flowitem stays at the multiprocessor.

Jörg
The Following User Says Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
Tom David (02-03-2014)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Multiprocessor joemccay Flexsim Student Forum 3 10-21-2013 03:10 PM
Is there a way to delete a process on multiprocessor ? mearjun Q&A 2 11-15-2012 12:37 AM
Multiprocessor Question Gavin Douglas Q&A 3 04-22-2010 11:09 AM
Multiprocessor Frames Simon Riopel Q&A 3 09-09-2008 01:19 AM
stopping the MultiProcessor Pablo Concha Q&A 4 10-31-2007 07:34 PM