ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 09-10-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 14
Uploads: 0
juan alberto is on a distinguished road
Default creation of a flowitem charged with a item

Hi all,

Can I create a flowitem ( i.e person) from a source with initially charged object(i.e box)?

Thank's !!
Old 09-10-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 47
Tom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant future

Juan,

there is a thread which is about a lot of other stuff, but there is also a discussion about havíng an object in a flow item.

http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...ead.php?t=1075

I guess post number 4 and number 7 give you some hints, as I understand right what you are trying to do. Forget about the other posts and stuff in this thread ...

The question is what are you going to do to have an item in an item. But you can refer to this item by first(item) or lets say from an object first(first(current))).
So the main idea is to put an item already in the item in the flow item bin, which is done in the tree.

I hope I gave you the right hints.
Old 09-11-2009
Flexsim User

Talking

Thank's Tom.

Your information has been helpful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom David View Post
Juan,

there is a thread which is about a lot of other stuff, but there is also a discussion about havíng an object in a flow item.

http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...ead.php?t=1075

I guess post number 4 and number 7 give you some hints, as I understand right what you are trying to do. Forget about the other posts and stuff in this thread ...

The question is what are you going to do to have an item in an item. But you can refer to this item by first(item) or lets say from an object first(first(current))).
So the main idea is to put an item already in the item in the flow item bin, which is done in the tree.

I hope I gave you the right hints.
Old 09-11-2009
Flexsim User

Hi Tom,

I've tried to create a flowitem with one item and it works perfectly, but imagine the following:

The source will generate flowitems, and these may come out with 1,2,3,4, or 5 objects (items) were randomly.

For example, the first flowitem sale loaded with 2 items, the second flowitem item comes loaded with 1, the third comes with 5, the fourth with 2 ...

How to program this?

Thank's.
Old 09-11-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 47
Tom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant future

Then I would use the OnCreationTrigger on the Source.
I would make copies of the items I like to insert into the item depending on a random number and put them into the item. The commands you need are createcopy(), transfernode()/moveobject() depending if there are any triggers should be fired.
Because createcopy copies nodes you can also copy items from the flowitem bin. Normally I put the item copy first into the model() and transfer/move it from there into the target container (item). Reference is: last(model()). I am not sure why, but I guess once I had an issue here, which might be fixed by now.

I did not test it, but I am pretty sure this will work, because I did something similar some time ago.

P.S.: If you find my posts useful and appreciate them, it would be nice if you would use the THANKS button on the right side of the post.
Old 09-11-2009
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps a less complicated way to approach this problem would be to just use 2 sources and a combiner:

Set the first source to be the schedule, sequence, or interarrivals of people.

Set the second source to have an interarrival time of 0 so there are always boxes for the combiner to pull.

Use the Update Combiner Component list pick option to change how many boxes are wanted as each person enters. Change the combiner's processing time to 0. Update the locations of the items on exit of the combiner if so desired.

Last edited by Phil BoBo; 11-19-2014 at 06:25 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phil BoBo For This Useful Post:
Tom David (09-12-2009)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Flowitem placement in Rack? shivrash Q&A 3 07-28-2009 12:28 AM
String as label of a flowitem Matthias Hofmann Q&A 2 09-18-2008 11:15 AM
Automated creation of connections between ports Matthias Hofmann Q&A 3 06-25-2008 03:04 AM
Pay attention to flowitem references Iulian Marin Ion Q&A 5 12-09-2007 04:06 PM
Customizing Flowitem Attributes - a quest for the flowitem with the fewest attributes Cliff King Tips and Tricks 0 11-22-2007 12:22 PM