ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 03-31-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 16
Uploads: 0
Jelmer Js is on a distinguished road
Default Probably a simple question

Hello

With two sources and a combiner I ensure that a pallet is loaded down. By using a ASRS crane this pallet will stored in a rack. Then, the ASRS crane picks up the pallet from the rack and sends it to the separator. The empty pallet must be stored in the rack again, by using the ASRS crane.

Now the question:
First I will stored the empty pallet in the rack, by using the ASRS crane, . Then I want to sent the empty pallet to source2, also by using the same ASRS crane. How can i do this? In this model ASRS sends the empty pallet to the separator, this is wrong.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Example.zip (34.6 KB, 142 views)

Last edited by Jelmer Js; 03-31-2011 at 05:54 AM.
Old 03-31-2011
Flexsim Canada, Forum Moderator

Downloads: 54
Uploads: 1
Kris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud of

I have attached a model that should give you a few things to learn as you are new to Flexsim.

1. The OnEntry trigger of the Combiner and Separator is where the pallet itemtype is set. Itemtype 1 represents empty, 2 represents full. I noticed you used itemtype 5 for the box, so that is good.

2. The SendToPort decision of the Rack sends the item to the port that matches the itemtype value. Note that output port 1 of the Rack is connected to Queue9 that feeds port 1 of the Combiner. Output port 2 of the Rack leads to the Separator.

3. To Solve the problem of using the ASRS to transport the empty pallet from the Separator back to the Rack (but NOT the box to the Queue) I chose the "Multiple Transport Options" pick in the Request Transport From evaluation.

4. Take note of the OnEntry of Queue9 in combination with the OnExit of the Combiner. Using a "dummy" queue like this is a simple way to have multiple flows into a port 1 of a Combiner. You could also connect the SourcePallets directly to the Rack as a way to avoid using Queue9.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Example_1.zip (35.9 KB, 137 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Kris Geisberger For This Useful Post:
Phil BoBo (04-01-2011)
Old 04-01-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 16
Uploads: 0
Jelmer Js is on a distinguished road

Hello Kris,

Thank you for solving my problem. I've learned new things from your explanation, thanks!

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Simple TS Question Gavin Douglas Q&A 2 02-01-2010 11:51 AM
Simple Separator Question Anthony Timmiss Q&A 1 01-25-2010 08:22 AM
Seek for some help in a simple question KelvinHo Q&A 3 01-20-2010 02:52 AM
A simple question about “block” Vic Li Q&A 10 08-27-2009 11:20 AM
simple pallet question (i think) bsantens Q&A 2 03-23-2009 11:39 AM