ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Healthcare (HC) > FlexSim HC: Q&A
Downloads

FlexSim HC: Q&A Questions about FlexSim Healthcare

Old 02-20-2014
Flexsim User

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 0
Peter Wolf is on a distinguished road
Default Modeling a resource gets utilized where the patient continues with its track

Hi,

I want to model a step where the doctor performs an appraisal after the patient was examined in a MRT. The patient shall continue in its process. So I thought I use Use Resource at the Activity Start Trigger at my step 92_Appraisal in a custom Activity Type and Free Resource in a step later.

But neither the doctor continues nor the patient leaves the MRI for dressing. what is wrong?

I assume the Processing Time applies in Step 92_ applies only to the Resource then?

Please advice.

Regards, Peter
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Appraisal.fsm (357.5 KB, 63 views)
Old 02-20-2014
FlexSim Software Products

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0
RalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to behold

Peter,

attached is the updated model. Please follow these changes made:

Activity 92
You made activity 92 a custom activity. This is not necessary. At this point you want to branch your patient track and have the patient and the doctor follow their activities independently from each others. We changed that to a regular process activity.

Activity 100
This blocks your patient track from continuing, because you set activity 94 as a predecessor, but 94 doesn't exist in your track. It needs to be 90 as well.

Activity 122
Here you want to merge the previously independent activities of patient and doctor again. Therefore you need to have two predecessors, one for the patient's activities and one for the doctor's. You can use multiple activities in the predecessor field combined with "and" or "or". In this case, you want the patient to have finished activity 120 and the doctor to have finished activity 92.

Activity 130
As Resource Destination you put in Discharge1, but you could as well just use patient's location.

I hope that helps?

Best wishes

Ralf
FlexSim
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Appraisal_RG.fsm (354.7 KB, 57 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RalfGruber For This Useful Post:
Tom David (02-21-2014)

Tags
activity start trigger, using a resource

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Patients and Flowitems - using medical records to control patient flow Lou Keller FlexSim HC: Tips & Techniques 0 12-24-2013 03:41 PM
how to set the patient arriving patten for emergency department hu xiaoling FlexSim HC: Q&A 0 06-17-2013 09:49 PM
Operator Utilized During Fixed Resource Breakdown Ramez Tadros Q&A 19 08-16-2010 07:03 PM
Moving item into patient David Chan FlexSim HC: Q&A 6 06-15-2010 08:35 AM
How to create probability functions in patient tracks? Lionel Lim FlexSim HC: Q&A 9 11-20-2009 03:29 PM