ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Tips and Tricks
Downloads

Tips and Tricks Share helpful modeling ideas

Old 01-17-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 0
Preethi Sivaramakrishnan is on a distinguished road
Default How to set dynamicaly closing node edge in a network node

Hello all,

My doubt is how do i dynamically close the node edge in a network node in ct?
For example, in a path, a network node permits 3 trucks and have to close the edge so that the 4 th truck takes the other shortest path.

your guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks
Preethi
Old 01-20-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

The commands you are looking for are closenodeedge(); and opennodeedge(); I think. But how to create communication of different Networknodes you will need a good idea.

Didn´t the solution with using traffic controls work? They normaly should be able to do what you want.
Old 01-24-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 12
Preethi Sivaramakrishnan is on a distinguished road
Default REgd: Issue in Queuing trucks

Hello Sebastian

Yes, Brito suggested me the traffic controller and it worked fine for the previous problem I had. But I tried to apply the same in this and could not get solved.
In other words i could explain the problem in detail like this.

Say there are 10 trucks, the first five go and queue in transfer point, the 11,12,13 queue in the middle area. Also the 14 and 15 overlaps the 13 th truck and queues at the same place.
Instead what should i do to make it queue in the next available path (middle area).
In the model, the NN246 is the node.

I have a idea for this. Is it possible to make the NN246 accept only 3 trucks for queuing and then make the node edge close, so that the 14 and 15 th truck will get queued in next network path(NN255).
It will not go through( NN284 and NN234) because it is opposite direction.
Then when 17 or 18 trucks arrive at NN246, it should check whether there are three trucks,if there are 2 or 1 truck it should permit the incoming truck else remain closed. (i.e, the maximum queuing capacity of the node is 3).

I am also attaching the model herewith
Thanks in advance
Preethi
Attached Files
File Type: fsm withgatequeue5a.fsm (322.3 KB, 176 views)
Old 01-25-2012
Flexsim User

Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

I think it is possible. Just make a counter how many trucks are in area (maybe in a global table). And if your maximum number is reached, tell node to close the nodeedge. With another query when trucks leave area you can even open this edge. To find out what edge you have to close, This may help you:
http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...ead.php?t=1878

greetings
Old 03-02-2012
Flexsim Distributor

Downloads: 74
David Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura about

Sebastian

I tried to use the edge control. But once it is closed, the TE just cannot passed through the node to another path.

David
Old 03-05-2012
Flexsim User

@ David:

This only should happen, if there is no useable travlepath available. Maybe you can share an example model?
Old 03-08-2012
Flexsim Distributor

Downloads: 74
David Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura about

Sebastian

Thanks, manage to control the direction of the TE using return at the OnArrival Trigger.

Thanks for Jason too!
http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...ead.php?t=2332

David

Last edited by Kris Geisberger; 06-27-2013 at 01:18 PM. Reason: added link to the related post
Old 06-27-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 1
danielle paniccia is on a distinguished road

I have a similar question. Currently I have seven network edges ending at one node, and then from that node, there are three more edges. I have operators walking down the initial seven edges and all meeting at the node. I have a traffic controller in this area, because I want only a certain number to be able to go down each of the three output edges. Except it doesn't work this way. What happens is all of the operators will end up taking the shortest of the three available routes, and if the one route is full, operators will just wait at the node until it isn't. I tried including logic to close one of the edges (and explicitly opened the other two), but the operators just stay at the node and don't ever move again. Can someone help me with what I'm doing wrong please!
Old 06-27-2013
Flexsim Canada, Forum Moderator

Downloads: 54
Uploads: 1
Kris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud of
Default redirecting network traveler based on active travelers

Closing node edges will not influence the path that a traveler takes. There seem to be some older threads on the forum that say that, but it is not true. You can return the edge number (path) that you want the traveler to take next in the OnArrival trigger of a given Network Node. Attached example of the OnArrival method.

Be aware that you might need to do the same on a downstream node as the shortest distance from that point might direct the traveler back to you!

To give you some ideas, I have attached a v6 model that considers the number of active travelers on the immediate downstream paths when deciding how to redirect a given traveler.

Alternatively of course you can write a custom task sequence, likely involving callsubtask.

Last edited by Kris Geisberger; 06-28-2013 at 08:26 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kris Geisberger For This Useful Post:
Jörg Vogel (06-28-2013)

Tags
dynamic, network node, node edge, onarrival, redirect, traveler

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Network Node Error Ryan Haferbecker Q&A 2 11-24-2010 12:05 PM
Network node TreeView shafizad Q&A 5 08-25-2010 04:33 AM
How to color network node Nico Zahn Q&A 5 05-25-2010 07:04 AM
Network Node Question Gavin Douglas Q&A 1 10-16-2008 02:24 PM
Release from Network Node Gavin Douglas Q&A 2 06-12-2008 12:39 PM