ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 04-16-2016
Xing Zhang

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0
Default wait for task

hi,
Can someone give an example to show how TASKTYPE_WAITFORTASK been used?
It would be better if it is a complete task sequence including this type of task.
Old 04-16-2016
Jing Chen

Downloads: 2

Hi Zhang,
As I know, there is not TASKTYPE_WAITFORTASK in FlexSim. Is it a User Macro in someone's model?
Old 04-17-2016
Xing Zhang

Downloads: 13

Thanks for your reply, Chen.
It's a Flexsim(I use Flexsim2016) task type, the explanation as below:
TASKTYPE_WAITFORTASK
This task type is used if you don't yet have any new tasks to give the object, but you want to disallow the object from finishing the task sequence until you do have tasks to give it. The object will simply wait until the next task is added to the task sequence, and then will finish this task.
involved1 Should be NULL.
involved2 Should be NULL.
var1 Here you can optionally pass a state that you want the object to go into. If 0, STATE_IDLE will be used.
var2-var4 Not used. Pass 0.

Example inserttask(ts, TASKTYPE_WAITFORTASK, NULL, NULL);

But I still don't know how to use it.
Old 04-18-2016
CCS, India

Downloads: 67
arunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rougharunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rougharunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rougharunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rough

Hi Xing,

I just tried to make a simple model with the "wait for task" type, not sure on what situation it is used.
My observations are:-

When we are using "wait for task" type, if a task is not succeeding the wait for task type then the current task sequence is not dispatched or completed. But, new task sequences can get added to the task sequence queue node in the task executor and the task executor will not start doing the new task sequences.

On the other hand, when a task is added after "wait for task" type the task sequence is completed and the task executor will start executing new task sequences.

In the attached model, I have used a flag table value for demonstrating the above mentioned.

Regards,

Arun KR
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Test Wait for Task.fsm (17.0 KB, 388 views)

Last edited by arunkrmahadeva; 04-18-2016 at 01:34 AM. Reason: add info
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arunkrmahadeva For This Useful Post:
Xing Zhang (04-19-2016)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AGV: wait for work Katharina Muller Q&A 2 04-08-2016 06:22 AM
Make Flexsim wait Jens Mühlheimer Q&A 3 05-21-2012 01:52 AM
Container Terminal Operation - trucks wait area Preethi Sivaramakrishnan Tips and Tricks 7 01-04-2012 11:48 PM
Batching, max wait time Chieng Kai Seng Q&A 27 08-29-2011 10:12 PM
Call Two operators for Repair but wait until both are available Brandon Peterson Tips and Tricks 6 10-15-2008 01:12 PM