ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 02-21-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
darlorex is on a distinguished road
Question How to use Recorder to show labels of objects at run time

Hi,
I’m building a model where an item called traveler (which is of Operator type) is created constantly by Source1. The Traveler has a label called ‘money’ which shows the money, expected to change at conditions and times (not shown in the example). I want to show the curve of money change along the time line. And the way I did it is to attach a ‘Recorder’ to the Traveler item. However, I don’t know how to specify the ‘object name’ or ‘node name’, to be used in the Recorder at run time. These names are expected to be directed towards the label (i.e., money) of the traveler, and it seems that these are to be given when building the model, and are difficult to control at run time. Can anyone help me to solve this problem?
Attached is the basic model.
Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: zip traveler.zip (147.1 KB, 244 views)
Old 02-23-2009
The Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6
Brandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant future

If you just want text in the model to show the amount of money for a traveler at a particular point in the model then I would use a visual tool. A visual tool has the option of displaying text and will by default want to use the center object. All you would need to do is connect the visual tool to the object that will contain your traveler. Then instead of using centerobject(current, 1) which is the default you could use first(), last(), or rank() - i.e. first(centerobject(current, 1)). This will cause the visual tool to display the label of the item/traveler instead of the container.

If you are trying to show some sort of graph over time then you are going to need to create a table to store the data and then on a trigger you will need to read the traveler's label and then put that in the table and have the recorder display the information in the table.

Good Luck,
Brandon

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
change the objects in self modeled objects Manuel Kraenzle Q&A 7 10-27-2008 02:29 PM
different labels have different delay time Vic Li Q&A 5 09-22-2008 04:21 AM
Statusbar could show more information like object state. Steven Hamoen Gripes and Goodies 6 02-22-2008 06:38 PM
Display Labels with the Recorder tsconcept Q&A 9 09-26-2007 08:16 AM
How to dynamically show/hide the imported 3D shape assigned to a VisualTool Cliff King Tips and Tricks 0 09-18-2007 04:09 PM