ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 08-25-2015
Mauro Rigoni

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 0
Default Extensible object

Hello !
There's someone that ever created an extensible object like the extender of the asrs ?

I ask it because i'm trying to create a custom asrs, starting from a Basic TE.
I copy the drawsurrogate,resizeinfo,animationinfo node from the Asrs to Basic TE,
but i can't find the right tasktype/kinematic in order to EXTEND NOT TO MOVE the extender object.

if there is anyone who can help me, i really appreciate.

Thank you.

Kind regards
Old 08-25-2015
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Mauro,

maybe you could try an easier approach first. You can build an animation and activate the animation from the tasksequence.
You can still use the kinematics. But I don't get it, what you mean by extend and not to move. The extender can be moved by a kinematic, too. It should happen in the right order of different kinematic movements. At first let the ASRS vehicle move in xz direction, then let the extender move in y direction. The combined length of time is the return value in the On Begin Offset function on the Basic TE tab. A good start are the standard picklist options of the function on the Basic TE tab. You have to test them in a small and simple model before you copy this tested object in a working model.
Edit:
Here you find a simple ASRS vehicle in a model. It is an old model created in Flexsim 3.5.1 or earlier and it is saved in Flexsim 7.5.4. In the past the ASRS vehicle got only a single speed for lift and travel. I buiilt an objekt starting from the Basic TE to assign different speeds for lifting and traveling. Maybe the model gives you a hint how to build a modern complex ASRS vehicle on your own.

asrs-independet-v-h-velocity.fsm

Jörg

Last edited by Jörg Vogel; 08-25-2015 at 11:52 PM. Reason: add a model
The Following User Says Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
Jing Chen (08-26-2015)
Old 08-26-2015
Mauro Rigoni

Hi jorg,
thank you for your reply !
For extend the extender (sorry for repetition), i mean that, when the standard asrs moves in the y direction in order to pick an item, the extender became longer, and not move itself stayin with the same size.
Anyway, i don't know how i swear you, i do the first part of my first project.
I attached a very simple model so you can see the basic TE move in the xz and then y direction (once, in the y dir, the basicTE move all its structure, and now only the extender, probably i made a mistake on applying the kin).

Now, i ask you, in you opinion, if i copy a second extender in the drawsurrogate, i'm able to move both the extenders when the asrs move in the y direction ?
In this model the y-movement kinematic is apply to the basicTE and not to the single extender. When i apply a kinematic travel directly to the extender, it not became longer, but only move itself out of the asrs.

OK for the animation approach !

I hope my problem become clear.

Thank you again
Attached Files
File Type: fsm AsrsBasicTE.fsm (24.6 KB, 364 views)
Old 08-26-2015
Mauro Rigoni

Sorry Jorg !
i made a mistake on the previous model, it works because i change manually the class of the object, so it is no more a basicTE.
So the problem of the extension of the extender remain.
This is the right model.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm basicTe2.fsm (23.8 KB, 388 views)
Old 08-26-2015
Flexsim User

Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Mauro,

it is a nice adaption of your task. You have to build kinematics for frload and frunload tasks. The transported item is an object which has to be linked to the kinematics, too.
And the extender consists of more than one drawsurrogate item. Please look into the animation editor.
Here again, please look in the standard picklist item of a Basic TE object to understand how to build an own object. At the end you might have to adjust the scale factors in the kinematics since they are dependent on the objects they are referenced to.

Edit- another hint: The extender moves while loading in the direction to the item then back to the position on the vehicle. This happens in reverse action again while the ASRS vehicle unloads the item. But the tasksequence lasts only from loading to unloading. There is no time left to pull the extender back to the traveling position. You can let the ASRS do this action at the next tasksequence and the set of kinematics or you have to delay the finish of the transport tasksequence at its end. For instance you can insert a delay task and a message task to the executing tasksequence. You need a message to iniate the pull back move of the extender in a OnMessage trigger.

Jörg

Last edited by Jörg Vogel; 08-26-2015 at 05:26 AM. Reason: To be more precise
Old 08-26-2015
Flexsim User

Hi at all,

General remarks of the use of kinematics and animations. If you need a precise information of the moved object where it is or when it is at some place you can use the kinematics method. If you just like to have some additional movement in your model you should use the animation. The ASRS vehicle can combine these two methods. The traveling in xz-direction takes place with the kinematics. The pick or place action of the slide is an animation after the traveling.

Jörg
The Following User Says Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
Jing Chen (08-26-2015)
Old 08-26-2015
Mauro Rigoni

Again, thank you for your help !

i will keep the animation hint because it will be very useful.
I will try also another solution, that is to initialize a kinematic,get its value on the update, and apply it to the dimension of the object( extender) that i want to extend, to stretch.

Again,
thank you very much.

have a nice day to all.

Bye

Tags
asrs, basicte, drawsurrogate, extender, kinematics

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yellow box around the object vs gray box around the object and how to manipulate them correctly? Vadim Fooks Q&A 1 04-26-2013 09:05 AM
How to close ports of an object when a condition is true on another object? Abdul Mirza Q&A 2 04-17-2013 09:42 PM
Object as a subnode to another object.. Nischith Kashyap Q&A 1 05-06-2011 01:12 AM
send a flowitem from a mobile object to another mobile object KelvinHo Q&A 5 03-03-2010 08:24 AM