ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 12-09-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
FrankJanssen is on a distinguished road
Default Updating Kinematic

Hello,

For a project I'm working with the BasicConveyor. The system I'm trying to make is a correction system to gif parcels the same distance. I'm trying to use the code from the PLC to make test a number of situations. The PLC code is executed every 10 ms. So I'm using a senddelayedmessage to simulate the same, so the same calculations can be made. That’s all working.

After the package has come on to the BasisConveyor there is a moment that the kinematics of the package need to change. For example: the velocity change halfway. This is not always the same point so a dicisionpoint is not possible.

Question:

Is there a possibility to update the values of the kinematics in some way? and changes events in the event list?

I tried using addkinematics. This is visually what I want. Accept the package leaves the conveyor at the time it is calculated to leave the conveyor. I can see that the is no change in the event list when addkinematics is executed.

I have created a simple model to explain the situation. If the parcel turns red the kinimatics also change. A dicisionpoint is not possible. Only in this model is the point of change is at point 5.

Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: zip TestUpdatingKinematic.zip (73.4 KB, 170 views)
Old 12-09-2010
LINWEIXU

Downloads:
Uploads:

First I think this is not question about Updating Kinematic ,I can help you.but, I donot know what exact you want to do .but I alter some code in your model,I think this model is what you want to do .
if it is not what you want to need,please tell me.
in addition,I do not know where are you come from? please tell us
Attached Files
File Type: zip TestUpdatingKinematic_xlw.zip (68.3 KB, 175 views)

Last edited by LINWEIXU; 12-09-2010 at 08:31 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
FrankJanssen (12-15-2010)
Old 12-10-2010
Flexsim User

Hello,

I'm from the Netherlands and doing an internship at a company that works a lot with conveyor belts. The company works for some time with Flexsim.

I'll explain a little more about the system I’m trying to simulate.

To predict what the subsystem does, I’m making a simulation. The purpose of the subsystem to gif packages the optimum spacing. See figure "naamloos". Before packages go on the system the distance between the first two is too small. After that, packets have a good spacing.

The system consists of three short conveyor that can accelerate and decelerate separately. This gives a different speed packages and the position relative to each other better. (see picture).

In the picture "naamloos2” the model is shown that I now have made. As a part turns green, the track accelerates to high speed. If it turns red, it decelerate to low speed. (Nominal = 1, high = 1.37, low = 0.75)

In illustration "untitled", second window, it is seen how the packages go over the system. When a packet has obtain the correction the speed needs to be brought back to low speed. (the kinematics needs to be updated). This could be at any position on the system.

It is also important that the photo cell sees the packets.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	naamloos.JPG
Views:	174
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	1207   Click image for larger version
Name:	naamloos 2.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	1208   Click image for larger version
Name:	vlcsnap-2010-10-25-11h49m43s165.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	1209  
Old 12-10-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 27
Esther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to all

Hello Frank,

If I take a look at the pictures you posted, there are 4 photoeyes with a fixed location. Do you have to decide on each of these photocells if the speed of the conveyor is set to high speed, normal speed or low speed, depending on the time the last box left the conveyor?
If so you can decide at each photoeye what the speed has to be. You can use a normal conveyor and the changeconveyorspeed command to change the speed of the conveyor. For the photoeye you have an option 'handle each photoeye differently' that let's you decide what to do at each photoeye.

I hope this will help you solve your problem.

Esther
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Esther Bennett For This Useful Post:
RalfGruber (12-10-2010)
Old 12-20-2010
Flexsim User

LINWEIXU, you model gave me a idea. I tried it with the function Addkinematics but didnt manage to make it work the way I wanted.

Esther thanks for the advise, but a normal conveyer was not really an option because that is not precise enoughon .

I ended with a BasicFR where I move the items a bit every 10 ms. And with the drawcube() comado's it seems quite nice.

LINWEIXU, Esther, thanks for the help.

Also thank to everyone in the community. I have read many threads with problems that I encountered, so everyone has helped me.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
About founctions of kinematic Dane Lee Q&A 5 08-17-2009 04:05 AM
Updating Tables With A GUI Xavier Jackson Q&A 4 07-08-2008 01:14 AM
Updating Labels Alexandre Ouellet Q&A 2 04-02-2008 06:55 AM
Updating Labels Naresh Yamani Q&A 7 03-28-2008 11:28 PM