ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 11-29-2010
ProcSim Consulting

Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0
shafizad is on a distinguished road
Default Recoder Problem

here is what bothers me: (it is a mess in Flexsim)
Recorder-Standard Data- Object Name simply changes when I delete another operator in the model. I find it strange! It should keep the same names for not deleted objects in the recorders.
I made a simple model and rechecked the problem. I mean when I delete Operator1 in my model and I have the states of queue in a recorder; The Object name changes to some other object in the model!

will you mind trying what the wrong is?
Old 11-29-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

Just had same problems in v4.52 and never found out why. ;-)
Old 11-29-2010
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

In the post below is a fixed Recorder object in a library file. I've embedded a modified Recorder page within the object. If the source page is fixed/modified in the future, this object will not get the updated GUI until you point the guifocusclass back to the standard RecorderParameters GUI.

Edit: removed the original (not enough cases)

Last edited by Jason Lightfoot; 11-29-2010 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Updated to account for different states of the watchtable data
Old 11-29-2010
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

The problem exists because some references are stored as rank paths in Flexsim. If you change the object's rank (which happens if you delete an object above it in the tree), then the path is pointing to a different object.

We have fixed many path issues by using couplings instead of paths, but we are still working on fixing others. Jason has now added this particular issue with the recorder gui to the development list.
The Following User Says Thank You to Phil BoBo For This Useful Post:
Sebastian Hemmann (11-30-2010)
Old 11-29-2010
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

I hope this caters for more cases of the watchtable state.
Attached Files
File Type: zip RecorderModPage.zip (13.7 KB, 164 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Lightfoot For This Useful Post:
Sebastian Hemmann (11-30-2010)

Tags
recorder