ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 09-02-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Warren Wu is on a distinguished road
Default Why visio model can not be imported into Flexsim?

Hi, I try to import a visio model into Flexsim, but can not do it successfully. Anybody can help me?
Thanks in advance.

notes:the visio model and error tip have been attached in the attachments.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Visio model and error tip.zip (28.9 KB, 145 views)
Old 09-02-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

I just can´t open your Visio file. Maybe Flexsim got same problem!?
Old 09-02-2011
Flexsim User

But I can open it in my computer, and I am sure the step that I import the visio model into Flexsim are the same as that in the help file.
I am considerring whether the visio model is exported out successfully, what does the error tip mean?
Old 09-02-2011
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

You need to edit the Column header in Excel from Prop_Row_1 to PropRow_1
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jason Lightfoot For This Useful Post:
Warren Wu (09-03-2011)
Old 09-03-2011
Flexsim User

Hi,Jason,I have imported my visio model into Flexsim successfully.It is cool,:-)
Thank you for your suggestion, thank you very much.
Old 09-05-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

So I tried with another Visio drawing created by me. Done all as explained in help I think.

My failure window shows as seen in attached file.

The Excel map is empty. So I think there had been a problem with exporting data from Visio to Excel!?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	FailureScreen.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	1499  
Old 09-05-2011
Flexsim User

Hello,Sebastian.Are you sure you draw your visio with 'FlexsimTemplate.vst'?You should use that template to create your visio and export all data from visio to 'FlexsimVisioImport.xls'.
I can do that in my computer very easily.Just have a try,if there are still some failure,check the steps in help document.Good luck.

Note:'FlexsimTemplate.vst'and 'FlexsimVisioImport.xls' can be found in the following path:
1 C:/Program Files/Flexsim3/program/FlexsimTemplate.vst
2 C:/Program Files/Flexsim3/program/FlexsimVisioImport.xls

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Flexsim HC demo model Bill Nordgren FlexSim HC: Product Announcements 10 06-03-2010 10:17 AM
CAD Drawing Imported as Background B Whitley Container Terminal (CT) Library 8 10-09-2009 12:24 PM
Getting an imported shape into the yellow selection box Brenton King Tips and Tricks 23 07-24-2009 08:44 PM
Visio Export to FlexSim Jon Fournier User Development 0 06-25-2008 07:29 PM
How to dynamically show/hide the imported 3D shape assigned to a VisualTool Cliff King Tips and Tricks 0 09-18-2007 04:09 PM