ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 04-27-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 1
david_white is on a distinguished road
Default Getting Host Computer Name

I didn't find anything searching, and I think I know the answer already... but, I was hoping for a flexscript command that would give me the name of the computer that flexsim is running on. I've written a UI that exports all of the results and I'm adding a line that says what the model filename was, what version it was (hidden in a label everytime I update the model), what date and time it was ran, etc. Just for archival purposes when we look at the data later. And since several people might run the model to collect data, it would be nice to include on that line what computer it was ran on so that we'd even know *who* ran that particular simulation.

As I said, I haven't found anything in the documentation or on the forum, but thought I'd ask to be sure.
Thanks.