ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 01-21-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 14
Uploads: 0
juan alberto is on a distinguished road
Default GUI problem

Hello everyone!! I'm doing a GUI to modify the code of a source interarrivaltime. I want to change it with the values that the user has put in the GUI I designed, for example the user can put: exponential(value1,value2). value1 and value2 are edittext in the GUI. In fact when I'm editing the GUI and I test it, it runs well. But when I close it and I test it with the control button It doesn't run, the compiler console show an error message.

Does anyone know if there is a difference with the editor?
What do you think?

Thank you.
Old 01-21-2010
Flexsim Distributor

Downloads: 278
Uploads: 2
Lars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

Please post a small model the shows the problem.

Without the model it is almost impossibly to know what the problem is.

Lars-Olof
Old 01-25-2010
Flexsim User

Default The model

Here is the model.

Thank you.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Model GUI.zip (138.8 KB, 171 views)
Old 01-25-2010
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

The GUI opens on a second monitor or offscreen when you press the control button. This is because the spatialx attribute of the GUI is over 2000.

When you try and build Flexscript during the Apply stage, the flexscript you wrote to the node isn't valid - hence the error

Code:

treenode current = ownerobject(c); return /**/ exponential(, );
I would also generally avoid placing nodes in the model level - and try to write the code directly to the interarrival node of the source.
Old 01-26-2010
Flexsim User

Default How?

Thank you!! . But... I don't know how I can write the code directly in the node. I know only one way: delete the node interarrivaltime and then put a new one with the same code, but with my paramenters. Can you explain me to do it?

Thank you again!!
Old 01-26-2010
Flexsim User

I know how to modify this!! but the error that you wrote before is still appearing.
Old 01-26-2010
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

Hi - sorry for not explaining that part.

Code:

treenode source= node("/Source2",model());
setnodestr(getvarnode(source,"interarrivaltime"),<your string of code>);

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problem with installation (new problem) David Chan Installation 2 03-13-2009 10:41 AM