ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 09-29-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
Guus de Krom is on a distinguished road
Default Transmitting items

Hello,

I have a problem with transmitting items from a que to another proces. that;s not the difficult part but there are some strings attached.

I have 2 sources from each source the items go to a seperate que the que has a max content of 10. after the que the 2 different items are send to 2 different processors, one for item 1 and one for item 2. because there are more items of item type 1 I want to send some items to processor 2. But there are some conditions, the que from source 2 has to be empty and if the processor can proces 10 items at the same time it has a restriction when les then 5 items are occupied the processor can take some items from que 1 if there are more occupied it can't take items from que1.

source 1 --> que 1 --> processor 1
source 2 --> que 2 --> processor 2

I hope my problem is clear enough, if there are questions let me know. I didn't succeed to attatch my model.

greetz Guus
Old 09-29-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 27
Esther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to all

Hello Guus,

I do not understand the second part of your question, but I think you should take a look at the pull requirement of the processor.
Connect processor 1 only to queue 1 and processor 2 to both queues. It is important that you have the first port of processor 2 connected to queue 2 and the second to queue 1. Then you set the pull requirement of processor 2 to any port.
I hope this hint might help you solve your problem.

Esther
Old 09-29-2010
Flexsim User

First thanks for your quick reaction. Yes that's the part I already did, the problem is that processor only items from the que pull when less than 5 items are on the processor. if the capacity from the processor is 10. that's the restriction it has to have. get it?
Old 09-29-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 27
Esther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to all

Hello Guus,

Take a look at the Conditional Port option in the pull requirement from processor 2. Here you can put a condition when it will pull from the different ports.

Esther
Old 09-29-2010
Flexsim User

Hi,

I can't get it to work, I've tried to write some codes but they don't work.
Old 09-30-2010
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

Guus,

Here is a sample model. The only thing I did was write code on the pull from port trigger on the second processor. It has the condition that if there is anything in it's own queue it will pull from there. If there is nothing in it's own queue it will look if there are products in the other queue and if it's own content is smaller then 16 then it will pull from the other queue. If not it will pull from its own queue.

See if this does what you want.

Steven
Attached Files
File Type: zip Pull Rule.zip (44.4 KB, 208 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Steven Hamoen For This Useful Post:
Lars-Olof Leven (09-30-2010)
Old 09-30-2010
Flexsim User

Thx! this is where I was looking for!

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
routing items Private Q&A 12 05-13-2010 05:18 AM
How to let items stand up on covneyor? zhang xin Q&A 8 11-12-2009 04:37 AM
How to pull items from a queue? Daglys Brizo Q&A 3 09-04-2009 08:17 AM
Operator not unloading items before picking up priority items Howe Chiat Cheng Q&A 2 05-28-2008 02:05 AM
Flow items with states AlanZhang Q&A 16 11-30-2007 10:32 AM