ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 12-17-2010
ProcSim Consulting

Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0
shafizad is on a distinguished road
Default Processor Blocked

Hello,
If a processor cannot send the item downstream, then it will be blocked. how come then downstream object signals that processor to re-try sending?

I have seen there is an event called "EVENT_INPUTS" in "Event Log" if you tick engine; I am not sure how this event works and can be manipulated. how can I create such event manually (or with force!)

Because, I have an item at the end of a blocked processor that even doesn't give back the port that it wants to send to. I have checked and downstream is available (but might not have been available at the time).

And also, could anyone tell me the effect of having a different rank as input on this "EVENT_INPUTS". I mean it sends this signal first to the first rank and seeks item, and if there was nothing it goes to the second ranked input ...? (That's what I found out!)
Attached Files
File Type: zip EventLog.zip (51.1 KB, 152 views)
Old 12-17-2010
FlexSim Software Products

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0
RalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to behold

Shafizad,

as far as I can tell, the model does what I would expect it to do:
Since Processor5 can only process one flowitem at any given time, only one flowitem can create a transport as soon as processor5 becomes available again.
This flowitem is always taken from processor8 because that one is connected to inport 1 of the downstream processor 5. Yes you are right, as long as no pull logic is active, upstream objects will be checked for flowitems being available in the order of inports of the downstream object.

In your model, there is always a flowitem available on processor8 when processor5 becomes available, so there is no chance ever that a flowitem is passed from processor 3.

You could also delete the second operator, since the processor5 has a maximum capacity of 1, so you will never see two transports happening at the same time.

There of course are ways to create events on a deeper than the GUI level in Flexsim, but in general you should not need to use it.

Please explain what you want the model to do and we can see, how to do that the most easiest way without digging to deep into Flexsim's underlying structure.

Best wishes

Ralle aka Ralf
Flexsim
The Following User Says Thank You to RalfGruber For This Useful Post:
Axel Kohonen (04-23-2015)

Tags
blocked processor, event log, event_inputs

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Taskexecuter state "blocked"? Tom David Q&A 4 03-09-2012 12:56 PM
Blocked source Congshi Wang Q&A 3 11-01-2010 06:55 AM
Interpreting Blocked % David Chan Q&A 3 01-28-2010 04:23 AM
Notify Upstream of Blocked Length ? zhang xin Q&A 1 11-02-2009 06:52 AM