ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 03-05-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 14
Uploads: 0
juan alberto is on a distinguished road
Default Global variables

Hello!! I want to create automatically global variables by source code. But I don't know how to do it. Can I do it by creating nodes in the Tools node? (Inside this node is the node GlobalVariables and I thought on creating nodes there with the specified data of each global variable).

Thanks.
Old 03-08-2010
Flexsim User

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan alberto View Post
Hello!! I want to create automatically global variables by source code. But I don't know how to do it. Can I do it by creating nodes in the Tools node? (Inside this node is the node GlobalVariables and I thought on creating nodes there with the specified data of each global variable).

Thanks.
Any ideas please???
Old 03-08-2010
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

You're right - you can edit the tree structure in tools - then from the GUI's OnApply you can see it calls refreshglobalvariables(); and then buildnodeflexscript(model()); which you'll need to do as well.

The first column is the variable name; 2nd is the data type (see below) and the third is the value. Note the 3rd column is DATATYPE_STRING even when the variable is numeric, and if it's an array type that cell will need to have subnodes containing the array data.

Global variable datatypes:
1: Integer
2: Double
3: Treenode
4: String
5: Integer array
6: Double array
7: Treenode array
8: String array
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jason Lightfoot For This Useful Post:
juan alberto (03-09-2010)
Old 03-09-2010
Flexsim User

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Lightfoot View Post
You're right - you can edit the tree structure in tools - then from the GUI's OnApply you can see it calls refreshglobalvariables(); and then buildnodeflexscript(model()); which you'll need to do as well.

The first column is the variable name; 2nd is the data type (see below) and the third is the value. Note the 3rd column is DATATYPE_STRING even when the variable is numeric, and if it's an array type that cell will need to have subnodes containing the array data.

Global variable datatypes:
1: Integer
2: Double
3: Treenode
4: String
5: Integer array
6: Double array
7: Treenode array
8: String array
Ok, I needed to "refreshglobalvariables()"

Thanks !!!
Old 11-10-2010
Student

Downloads: 2
Congshi Wang is on a distinguished road

Hi Jason,

can you please explain how to use the buildnodeflexscript command to create a global variable by code?

I thought it maybe could be like this:

buildnodeflexscript("MAIN:/project/model/Tools/GlobalVariables", new global variable(column1, column2, column3));

Thanks!
Old 11-10-2010
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

It isn't buildnodeflexscript(model()) that adds the variables - I think that call is just something that should be done after you add a new global variable (maybe to update any references ?)

So you just need to look at the tree and create the nodes yourself as outlined above.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Lightfoot For This Useful Post:
Congshi Wang (11-11-2010)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Update of global variables BenjaminBuecklein Q&A 4 11-18-2008 03:43 AM
Limit in the completion hints? Global Tables, Global Variables, etc.? Tom David Gripes and Goodies 6 09-09-2008 04:05 PM
Experimenter variables Xavier Jackson Gripes and Goodies 4 09-09-2008 10:00 AM
State files and global variables Markus Bans Q&A 3 07-08-2008 12:22 PM
GUI & linked variables Iulian Marin Ion Q&A 2 11-27-2007 10:23 PM