ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Healthcare (HC) > FlexSim HC: Q&A
Downloads

FlexSim HC: Q&A Questions about FlexSim Healthcare

Old 12-09-2013
Flexsim Distributor

Downloads: 74
Uploads: 0
David Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura about
Default Shortest Queue

Hi

I am trying to model a multiple queue and each have a dedicated server model. How do I model when the patient will join the shortest queue when arrive? I tried to following the example given by Lou, but the selection of LowestCensor did not work.

I have also another problem. As the patient will go to the dedicated counter based on the queue. The problem is after my first queue is filled up, the patient in the queue is not released. Please advise

David
Attached Files
File Type: fsm simple clinic.fsm (141.1 KB, 82 views)
Old 12-17-2013
Vice President Technical Services

Downloads: 158
Uploads: 14
Cliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud of

David,

I had problems even getting your model to run without errors. The patient track seemed to be the source of the problem, so I created a new track and copied the activities over to it. This fixed the exception error messages I was getting.

As for why the patients all go to the first queue, it's due to the fact that Patient Queuing objects have a default Entrance Criteria that says "Longest waiting, highest acuity patient assigned to a specific location or walking unattended". It's the "or walking unattended" that's the culprit. If you change the Entrance Criteria for the three queues to the option that says "Longest waiting, highest acuity patient assigned to a specific area", then it will behave more like you are expecting.

I've attached the model (saved in version 4.3) with the above changes made to it.

Let me know if you have any further questions.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm simple clinic_mod1.fsm (228.0 KB, 79 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Cliff King For This Useful Post:
mefhsmflexsimbr (02-02-2014)
Old 05-08-2014
Flexsim Distributor

Downloads: 74
Uploads: 0
David Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura about

Cliff

It looks like to picklist for this option has changed in v4.3.6. Now there is a check of the condition of staff and equipment. If I do not need to evaluate these info, how do bypass them?
Old 06-23-2014
Vice President Technical Services

Downloads: 158
Uploads: 14
Cliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud of

You have the option of turning them on/off. Type NULL for the list.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sending a group of parts via Shortest Queue Joseph Mueller Tips and Tricks 0 03-26-2013 08:33 AM
question about queue Robert Liu Q&A 9 12-28-2010 06:26 AM
3 queue problem shafizad Q&A 4 08-06-2010 01:51 PM
Pulling from a Queue vs Sorting the Queue Brandon Peterson Tips and Tricks 3 03-03-2010 01:27 AM
shortest path algorithm Vinay Mehendiratta Q&A 5 01-25-2008 11:42 AM