ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 06-09-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 16
Uploads: 0
Fernando Fan is on a distinguished road
Default Problems about Input order and picking order

Good morning everyone.
I am a student and a new user of Flexsim.
I am facing a problem.
I would like to try to build a warehouse model. It is a simple picking process in a warehouse.
The scenario is when items are created by the sources,Then, each operator takes a cart and picks the pallet. After that, they walk through a network node and stop at each rack to put the pallet into the rack.
There are two problems that I don't know how to set up:
1. The source can create the different types of items with different number in particular time.
2.The operators can pick the items to the specific rack according to the item type

I hope you can help me in detail.
Thankyou for your help. kindly advice.

Best regards,
Fernando Fan
Old 06-09-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

1. If you use "Arrival Schedule" in Source as Arrival Style, you can set the Item Type in the table.
Else you can use the trigger OnExit and use the pickoption "setitemtype"... What distribution with what values to use, you can find in manuals.

2. What Itemtype goes to where, you can set in the "Flow" tab with the pickoption "By Expression" in the Send to port field. Standard is here, that the Itemtype goes to the Outputport with same value.

Thought this all is explained in Toturials!?
Old 06-09-2011
Flexsim User

Sebastian Hemmann, Thankyou so much .
I got it done..

How about processing the backward scenario?
"The operator take back the item from the rack and put it on the queue"
I don't know how to set up it..
Advice please. Thanks
Old 06-09-2011
Flexsim User

Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

If there are different Queues available the Itemtype will not help you this time. Think this is what you are looking for!?

Youe can give your Item a label, to set the value for target.
2 different ways possible:

One easy way is, in the Arrivel Schedule to rise number of Labels and refreshing it. (Only possible if you use Arrival Schedule or Arrivel Sequence for Arrival Style)

Other way would be, to open the Flowitem Bin, get the used Item of your Source, open Properties, and add a Number Label.

Now all your produced Items got this Label.
You can set the values with: setlabelnum(item,"name",value). Instead of the "name" of your label you even can take the number of row.
In the Send to Port options of the Rack you now can use: getlabelnum(item,"name") instead of Itemtype;-)
Old 06-09-2011
Flexsim User

There are even many more interesting thinks to know about modeling you can learn, with spending some time in building all toturial models from Manual
Old 06-09-2011
Flexsim User

Sorry for I mentioned not detail and my poor English.

The scenario should be like that:
After the items is put on the rack, the operator pick it down from the rack and put it on the queue ( only one queue) at particular time.

I don't know how to set up, so that the operator can come to pick it down at particular time.
I think global table should be used, right?
but, how to set up?

Sorry for my insufficiency knowledge.
Old 06-10-2011
Flexsim User

On the Rack Tab in the Rack there is a option "Minimum Dwell Time". There you can set a standard time for Dwell time.

In the attached model, I created a label on the item which sets the dwell time.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Example_Racks_SH.fsm (38.7 KB, 156 views)
Old 06-10-2011
Flexsim User

Or are you looking for a picking order without any dwell times. Just store items until they are needed!?
Old 06-10-2011
Flexsim User

Thank you very much

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What Hardware to Order Sebastian Hemmann Installation 15 05-10-2011 07:55 AM
output order of objects juan alberto Q&A 4 06-21-2010 05:15 AM
Labels in order to control m matias Q&A 10 03-23-2010 11:17 PM
Setup/processing order problems Derrick Serbonich Q&A 2 07-09-2009 01:27 AM
help! order picking process with global tables Charmaine Ng Q&A 3 11-06-2008 11:24 AM