ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Gripes and Goodies
Downloads

Gripes and Goodies Software problems and suggestions

Old 09-17-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0
Bill Chan is on a distinguished road
Default Compatibility problem

I have an old model built on version 4.01 and I try to open it using version 4.32. It crashes my system and a core dump blue screen is displayed. I think that it is important to let user to reuse their old models. I have attached the model to this message and I hope that somebody can figure out the problem and fix it. WARNING: the attached model may crash your system if you are using version 4.32 but it works normally in version 4.01
Old 09-18-2008
Flexsim Distributor

Downloads: 74
David Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura about

Bill,

I don't see your model attached.

David
Bill Chan (09-19-2008)
Old 09-19-2008
Flexsim User

Sorry. I do not aware that I have to zip it first.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Flexsim_Model.zip (89.7 KB, 315 views)
Old 09-19-2008
FlexSim Software Products

Downloads: 37
RalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to behold

Sorry Bill,

I opened your model in V4.32 answerded the question to update it with "no" and everything worked fine for me. I saved the model again in 4.32. You find that attached and can check if it works now, but something seems to be wrong on your system.

Best wishes

Ralf aka ralle
Attached Files
File Type: zip Flexsim_Model_V432.zip (115.5 KB, 283 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to RalfGruber For This Useful Post:
Bill Chan (09-21-2008)
Old 09-21-2008
Flexsim User

Hi Ralf,
Thank you very much. Most of the PCs in our lab have the same configuration and they have the same problem with the model. I've followed the way you open the model in some other machines and I can get the same result as yours. You are right. The problem must be related to our system and I'll try to figure it out. Again, thank you for your help.

Best Regards,
Bill
Old 09-25-2008
Flexsim User

I have the following findings on the compatibility problem and I want to share it here:

1. The problem is found in a group of PCs having the same hardware and software configuration.
2. The problem can be removed by simply selecting the "High Compatibility" option in the Graphics Configurator. The original setting is "High Quality" by default.
3. Latest version of driver is then downloaded from the graphics chipset manufacturer's web site and installed in the system. To test whether the problem is still exist, the setting is switched back to "High Quality" mode. The result is no core dump problem. However, I find that the "ALT click and drag" method cannot be used to connect any object even if I start a new model. This problem can also be removed by selecting the "High Compatibility" option in the Graphics Configurator.
4. The PCs' model are HP Compaq dx7300. The graphics chipset is the Intel Q965/Q963 Express Chipset Family. The old driver is version 6.14.10.4642 and the new driver is 6.14.10.4964. For reference, I have another PC that do no show any of the above problem. The model is HP Compaq dc7600. The graphics chipset is the Intel 82945G Express Chipset Family.

I hope the above information is useful.