ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Gripes and Goodies
Downloads

Gripes and Goodies Software problems and suggestions

Old 10-10-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Jiri Vacek is on a distinguished road
Default Loading 3D-Shapes

Hi,

I wanted to link a shape-file in stl-format (see attachment) to a model. When I choose the file and click on the open-button Flexsim crashed. A viewer opens this file. So the file seems to be ok. Where is the problem?

Is there a tool that converts many 3D-formats (*.stp, *.xgl, *.x_t, *.asm, *.cfg, *.igs, *.jt, *.plmxml, *.log) to flexim-formats like *.3ds or *.wrl? Know anyone a good tool?

Thanks

Jiri Vacek
Attached Files
File Type: zip EBOmW.zip (599 Bytes, 355 views)
Old 10-10-2008
Flexsim Distributor

Downloads: 278
Uploads: 2
Lars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to behold

Hi Jiri,

I think I know what the problem is for you.

Your file is in stl binary format, it should be in stl ascii format.
Try to export the file as stl ascii instead.

Lars-Olof

Tags
3d-shapes

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dynamically assigning 3D shapes to flowitems Iulian Marin Ion Q&A 9 08-05-2013 08:17 PM
How to improve display of large 3D shapes such as floor layouts. Steven Hamoen Tips and Tricks 3 04-10-2008 08:10 AM
Stop conveyor on loading mathiasds Q&A 2 11-20-2007 04:31 PM
How to display 3D text/shapes in a static position regardless of the view angle. Regan Blackett Tips and Tricks 0 08-03-2007 10:51 AM