ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 11-04-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 0
Vadim Fooks will become famous soon enough
Default Is it possible/how to include 3d shapes with the library

Hello,
I've ran into a problem creating a custom library of materials handling equipment. I have created a number of 3D shapes using sketchup, assigned them to task executers, added some flexscript code, and added to a custom library.
As long as I used this library with the same model that I used to create the library, everything was working fine. After I created a new model, however, I noticed that the shapes were not working. When I pull the object from the grid, it appears invisible. I suspect the problem may be due to shapes not being pre-loaded to the Media Files repository.
What is the correct workaround?
Can I include shapes with the library same way they are stored in the model, i.e. without having to distribute .skp files along with the .fsl?
Thanks!
Vadim

Last edited by Vadim Fooks; 11-04-2012 at 08:25 PM.
Old 11-04-2012
FlexSim Geek

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1
Carsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud of

It sounds like that your path to your shapes aren't correct. In most cases the path is relative to your model ("..\myshapes"). If this is the case please use absolute path ("c:\myshapes").

Please remember that flexsim has the option "Embed media with model" in "Model Settings"

Greetings

Carsten
The Following User Says Thank You to Carsten Seehafer For This Useful Post:
Steven Hamoen (11-05-2012)
Old 10-15-2015
Axel Kohonen

Downloads: 22

Check this post on how to do it.

https://www.flexsim.com/community/fo...4612#post14612

Axel
Old 10-21-2015
Rahel Carolina

Downloads: 30

Hi all, how to find the "packedmedia" node. Because I only found "Tools" below the "Model".
I also tried to find it with the search engine, but found nothing.
Is it something that I should create manually?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	Unbenannt.png
Views:	466
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	3055  
Old 10-21-2015
Axel Kohonen

Downloads: 22

Hi Rahel,

You need to expand the model node by clicking the ">"-sign that appears when you click the model node in the tree. See the attached image.

Axel
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	PackedMediaNode.PNG
Views:	426
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	3057  

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Where to get 3D shapes (tractor trailer) pcloutier Q&A 3 12-27-2013 12:46 PM
Operator Shapes (by Ben Wilson) shafizad Q&A 1 08-07-2012 03:31 PM
DLL-Project - include stdafx.h Carsten Seehafer User Development 4 11-14-2011 02:56 AM
3D shapes with ProE Dane Lee Q&A 3 08-21-2010 01:19 AM
Loading 3D-Shapes Jiri Vacek Gripes and Goodies 1 10-10-2008 05:08 AM