ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Product Announcements
Downloads

Product Announcements New releases of the software

Old 10-26-2015
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

Anna,

I can replicate the issue. We'll see what we can do to fix it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phil BoBo For This Useful Post:
Eric Schwarzkopf (11-11-2015)
Old 10-27-2015
Mauro Rigoni

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 0

hello,

i try to do the same trick, and the number are multiply per 1000 ! just copy and paste a line of a global table on the next row.
Old 10-27-2015
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauro Rigoni View Post
hello,

i try to do the same trick, and the number are multiply per 1000 ! just copy and paste a line of a global table on the next row.
We've fixed this bug for the final 7.7 release. Thanks.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phil BoBo For This Useful Post:
Sebastian Hemmann (10-28-2015)
Old 11-08-2015
TMN Simulation -Australia

Downloads: 7
michaelsmith will become famous soon enough
Default Custom Gantt

I'm trying to get the custom Gantt to work, I can get everything to display apart from the bars. I've been playing with the settings and have used the table default settings but still can't get anything to display. I can get data from the chart via the Export CSV but nothing will display.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	GanttProblem.PNG
Views:	473
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	3093  
Old 11-09-2015
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

If this is a static test table then try pressing Reset.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Lightfoot For This Useful Post:
michaelsmith (11-09-2015)
Old 11-09-2015
FlexSim Development

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 29
Matt Long is a glorious beacon of lightMatt Long is a glorious beacon of lightMatt Long is a glorious beacon of lightMatt Long is a glorious beacon of lightMatt Long is a glorious beacon of light

There were some bugs in the last beta on the Custom Gantt Chart that we have since fixed. We're going to try to release a final beta in a couple of days that you can test on.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matt Long For This Useful Post:
michaelsmith (11-09-2015)
Old 11-11-2015
Eric Schwarzkopf

Downloads: 9

When I try to open the link for the beta software, I get the following error:
File not found
The specified document has not been found on the server.
You can click here to return to ownCloud.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks!
Old 11-11-2015
FlexSim Development

Matt Long is a glorious beacon of lightMatt Long is a glorious beacon of lightMatt Long is a glorious beacon of lightMatt Long is a glorious beacon of lightMatt Long is a glorious beacon of light

The beta was taken down. We'll be posting a new beta in the next day or two which will be the last prior to the release.
Old 11-11-2015
Eric Schwarzkopf

Downloads: 9

I see that now, I did not scroll all the way to the end of the thread, thanks for the quick reply!
Old 11-12-2015
TMN Simulation -Australia

Downloads: 7
michaelsmith will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Long View Post
There were some bugs in the last beta on the Custom Gantt Chart that we have since fixed. We're going to try to release a final beta in a couple of days that you can test on.
Just loaded up the new version and the Gantt works well, great addition
Old 11-13-2015
Flexsim Distributor

Downloads: 74
David Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura about

Hi I am having the later beta. I am trying to copy the size of the highlighted to the selected object. But I could find them anymore. Will you please advise where to find them?

Thanks

David
Old 11-13-2015
FlexSim Software Products

RalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to behold

Developers,

in relation to David's post: If you are trying to copy a variable from highlighted to selected that does not exist (I tried to type "xsize" in the field) a wrong warning shows up that the highlighted object cannot be part of the selected objects. You would expect something like "Variable does not exist"?

Thanks
Ralf
FlexSim
Attached Thumbnails
Name:	Warning.png
Views:	478
Size:	5.8 KB
ID:	3104  
Old 11-13-2015
FlexSim Development

We moved some of the functionality from Edit Selected Objects into Quick Properties. If you want to change the size, location or rotation of multiple objects, select the objects and then edit them directly in Quick Properties. This also works for other properties like Max Content, Process Time, etc.

You'll also find new buttons added to the Labels pane of Quick Properties allowing you to copy labels from the highlighted object to all the selected objects.
The Following User Says Thank You to Matt Long For This Useful Post:
David Chan (11-16-2015)
Old 11-13-2015
Flexsim Canada, Forum Moderator

Downloads: 54
Uploads: 1
Kris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud of

In ProcessFlow, when I move the origin (root/start) position of a connector along the same activity/block, I get the following exceptions:

exception: Exception caught in TreeNode::callMemberFunction() c++/dll execution. Throwing... VIEW:/active/MainPanel/BackPanel/SplitterXPane/3/TabControl/ProcessFlow>eventfunctions/onMouseMoveCallback c: VIEW:/active/MainPanel/BackPanel/SplitterXPane/3/TabControl/ProcessFlow thisClass: VIEW:/active/MainPanel/BackPanel/SplitterXPane/3/TabControl/ProcessFlow
exception: Exception caught in flexscript execution of VIEW:/active/MainPanel/BackPanel/SplitterXPane/SplitterYPane/SplitterXPane/2/TabControl/ProcessFlow>eventfunctions/OnMouseMove line 1 instruction 1. Discontinuing execution.
exception: Exception caught in TreeNode::callMemberFunction() flexscript execution VIEW:/active/MainPanel/BackPanel/SplitterXPane/SplitterYPane/SplitterXPane/2/TabControl/ProcessFlow>eventfunctions/OnMouseMove c: VIEW:/active/MainPanel/BackPanel/SplitterXPane/SplitterYPane/SplitterXPane/2/TabControl/ProcessFlow
Old 11-13-2015
FlexSim Development

Thanks Kris. Yes we found this out yesterday and it has been fixed.
Old 11-13-2015
Flexsim Distributor

David Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura about

Matt, how about if I would like to rename? Where do I do it now?

David
Old 11-13-2015

Kris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud of

David,
Now there is a small button to the right of the object name edit in the Quick Properties that becomes available when the highlighted (yellow) object is one of the selected (red) objects.
Attached Thumbnails
Name:	renaming a selected objects appending numbers.png
Views:	461
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	3108  
Old 11-14-2015
Flexsim Distributor

Kris

Thanks. I'll try out.

I find some problem in clicking the buttons on the control panel. They looks not sensitive. I need to click a few times to get it done. I don't find this problem with 7.5.

One observation is that the helping text when I hover on the button kept flickering. Wonder if anyone has the problem.

David
Old 11-14-2015
Flexsim Distributor

Hi

I am trying to read the label from the Processflow using the Time by Case in the Delay. Using the sampler I have two options:
1. getlabel(up(current), "M2")
2. getlabel(node("Tools/ProcessFlow/ProcessFlow", model()), "M2")

But the first option does not read the value. Is there a different between the two options?

I think there is something wrong with the first option. It should be getlabel(proceeFlow,"M2").

Thanks

David
Old 11-14-2015

I agree with you David. It should be current or processFlow as they seem to be declared as equivalent in most activity fields.

Unrelated, I noticed that the Value of "Assign Labels to the Created Tokens" of the Create activity has the following header:

treenode current = param(1);
treenode activity = param(2);
treenode token = param(3);
treenode createdProcess = param(4);
int creationRank = param(5);
string labelName = param(6);
treenode processFlow = ownerobject(activity);

I believe createdProcess should be createdToken now.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kris Geisberger For This Useful Post:
Anthony Johnson (11-16-2015)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FlexSim 7.3 Beta Phil BoBo Product Announcements 0 07-17-2014 01:53 PM
FlexSim 7 Beta 2 Anthony Johnson Product Announcements 37 10-15-2013 03:56 PM
FlexSim 7 Beta Phil BoBo Product Announcements 65 10-01-2013 09:12 AM
Flexsim 5 Beta Anthony Johnson Product Announcements 47 10-26-2011 11:08 AM