ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 11-02-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Uploads: 0
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold
Default Container with only one In- and Output

Hi guys,

I´m wondering if it is possible to create a Container and connect it with only one Input, and Output for sending Items to more than one Object in it.

I tryed Standard functionality and as far as I see I have to create as many Connections as objects are in Container.

If there is an easy solution it would be gorgeous to find out how and where to set the "Send to" logic.
What I´m trying to do in one of the next steps is to use Operator to Transport Items from one Container to another one. If possible directly to the place the item is needed. Thiswhy I don´t created a Queue in the Container to send items to specific ports. Because this way Operator would have to unload/ load to Queue at first.
The other solution I found is to create my own Tasksequences and decide where to go at the first NN in my Container. But I hope there exists a way with less programming effort!?
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Container_SH.fsm (14.6 KB, 71 views)
Old 11-02-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Uploads: 0
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Sebastian,

you will probably find not such direct object.
If you use a network for your taskexecuter, you can send all flowitems to a standard object inside the container and change the traveler's destination on the first Network Node inside the container on arrival. As you know, you have to update the transportin variables at the fixed resources on your own. The same method is working for the outgoing flowitems probably to. You can store the true destination in a flowitem label.

The advanced method would be to change the flowitem sending or receiving functions of the library object.

Jörg
The Following User Says Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
Sebastian Hemmann (11-03-2013)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to set a block which can stack 40' container only? Kelvin chan Container Terminal (CT) Library 4 01-08-2013 01:25 AM
How to set the flow of a Truck if it has a container candido lctpc Container Terminal (CT) Library 5 09-15-2011 10:24 AM
Yard Container Count Jamie Santa Ana Container Terminal (CT) Library 6 12-22-2009 07:02 PM
Modeling container trucks Lin Jincong Q&A 2 08-04-2008 08:36 PM
Visual tool as a container qs Paul Dowling Q&A 2 08-20-2007 07:53 PM