ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 03-14-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0
Jens Mühlheimer will become famous soon enoughJens Mühlheimer will become famous soon enough
Default State of port (open / closed)

Hi everybody,

quick question: How can I find out the state of a port? Not if it's available or not, but if it is explicitly open or closed?

ipavailable() returns 0 even if the port is open but there are no flow items coming from it.

Thank you in advance!
Jens

// I don't believe it. I searched the forum for about an hour and apparently didn't use the right keywords:

http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...ead.php?t=1200
Old 03-14-2012
Flexsim Distributor

Downloads: 278
Uploads: 2
Lars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

I saw you found the commands.

Look in the help for all commands first before you search the forum, most time it is easier to find
the command in the help then in the forum.

Lars-Olof
Old 03-14-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0
Jens Mühlheimer will become famous soon enoughJens Mühlheimer will become famous soon enough

The problem is that you cannot use wildcards or operators in the commands help file.
I wanted to look for a combination of port and state or port and open.
If you only search for port, you get too many results :/
Old 03-14-2012
Flexsim Distributor

Downloads: 278
Uploads: 2
Lars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

That is true.

This how I normally do when I need to find a function that I do not know the name on.
Open up Alphabetical Reference for the commands and then use Ctrl+F to bring up the search dialogue. And in your case I would have searched for opened, closed or port and then press Next until i found what I was looking for.

Lars-Olof

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help! Unable to open some models claudia gertheinrich Installation 13 05-09-2010 08:40 PM
Multiple files open Lolke Koopmans Q&A 6 02-08-2010 08:12 AM
how to open another GUI qin tian Q&A 13 01-04-2010 06:52 AM
use moveobject() in the onExit trigger ,the flexsim closed LINWEIXU Q&A 1 08-23-2009 07:09 AM
when the port is closed? qin tian Q&A 1 11-18-2008 06:35 AM