ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 03-30-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
bsantens is on a distinguished road
Default statistical distribution operator

Hello everybody,

I have the following question: an operator has a simple task, that is bringing a box from one queue to another, he has a path using networknodes. The distance between the queues is 200 meter, and he walks at 9 m/s. So when i open the networknode parameters, i can input the speed limit & virtual distance. but is there any way I can put for example a statistical distribution in one of these parameters, for example when the operator has to wait for something on the road, or he has to slow down for something. So my question is, how can you make your path or operator non-deterministic?

thanks in advance!
Old 03-30-2009
Manager of Product Development

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4
Anthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

One way is to change the speed of the operator at certain times, like in the load/unload trigger.
The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Johnson For This Useful Post:
Brandon Peterson (10-01-2009)
Old 03-30-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 47
Tom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant future

Another way could be to use the Triggers on the NetworkNodes (OnArrival, OnContinue) and change the speed of the taskexecuter.
Old 04-02-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
bsantens is on a distinguished road

I tried this but I still don't see how I have to do this.

I added a little test model here, is it possible for someone to show me what code to implement where? The speed of the operator must be 6 minimal and 10 max.

thank you very much in advance!
Attached Files
File Type: zip operator.zip (43.8 KB, 218 views)
Old 04-02-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 100
Uploads: 1
Pablo Concha is just really nicePablo Concha is just really nicePablo Concha is just really nicePablo Concha is just really nice

If you want to change the max speed of the operator as suggested, you just add this line on the on load /unload triggers in the operators properties:

setvarnum(current,"maxspeed",uniform(6,10));

if you want to change the speed of the operator at the nodes, add this line at the on arrival trigger at each node:

setvarnum(traveler,"maxspeed",uniform(6,10));

hope this helps...

regards

Pablo Concha E.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pablo Concha For This Useful Post:
bsantens (04-02-2009)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Exponential Distribution Guillermo Arce Q&A 15 12-21-2010 12:36 PM