ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Gripes and Goodies
Downloads

Gripes and Goodies Software problems and suggestions

Old 01-27-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0
dalin cai is on a distinguished road
Question About run speed of Flexsim

My supervisor is very disappointed at the run speed of Flexsim. He want me to run 1000 replications for each scenario. And he could wait for even the first scenario! It is too slow comparing with Arena which my supervisor is very familiar with. Arena can run the same logic within seconds without animation. I close 3D view, it do speed up a little however makes little different. Are some of the 3D functions still running behind? Is it because that many triggers and standard functions willstill run even though I haven’t written any codes there? Or is it because Flexsim checks use operator or not every processing time even I won't use operator all through the model run? Am I right?

Could somebody kindly give me some explanation of the speed problems? So I can explain it to my supervisor. In my point of view, Flexsim is even better than Arena. However, Arena can run faster as it only run the logic you write. I like using Flexsim anyway. Thanks so much.
Old 01-27-2011
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

There are a number of posts on speed issues on the forum. I suggest you use the search function. To give you some startpoints:

http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...ighlight=speed

http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...ighlight=speed

or

http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...read.php?t=460

I don't know about arena but Flexsim should be able to keep up so I assume that you might have done a few things that would slow it down. (Or you have modelled in much more detail and ofcourse more detail means more actions means a speed loss)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steven Hamoen For This Useful Post:
dalin cai (01-27-2011)
Old 01-27-2011
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

I'd also check that Flexsim's memory use hasn't grown to an extreme level which can indicate the number of data nodes or flowitems growing in your model.

If you've followed all the above suggestions and your code is in Flexscript, you can check the time used by your code using the "Flexscript Code Profile" option found under the 'Debug' main menu item. This will tell you how many times each flexscript function was called and how long the code took to execute.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jason Lightfoot For This Useful Post:
Steven Hamoen (01-27-2011)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to change the speed of a conveyor? Ariel Estrada Tips and Tricks 4 06-18-2010 09:37 AM
Tips & Tricks: Set run speed in Flexsim HC Tom David FlexSim HC: Q&A 1 04-09-2010 08:42 AM
Model Speed Alistair Smitheman Q&A 14 04-06-2009 12:45 PM
What Slows Down Model Speed? Xavier Jackson Q&A 1 06-26-2008 09:09 AM
Increasing Run Speed Alex Christensen Tips and Tricks 3 05-14-2008 04:11 PM