ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 06-10-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Gavin Douglas is on a distinguished road
Default Combine Models

I’m working on a fairly large model which I have split up into 3 parts. I am working on 1 part while two others are working on the remainder. Everything is done so now I want to add their work to my model. Is there an easy way of doing this or do I need to recreate their work in my model?
Old 06-10-2013
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Uploads: 0
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

There are a few ways of doing this:
1 Drag in a visual tool and move all objects into the visual tool. Add this tool to a user library and save the user library off. Then the other person can open the library and drag in the other part of the model or save his part of the model to the librayry as well
2 Save individual nodes in your model as .t files (in the tree, right click, select node and then: Save Node as) and in your other model create a node and load the .t file into that node
3 read up on the ffm options in the user manual (search for ffm or xml)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steven Hamoen For This Useful Post:
syseo (06-10-2013)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Combine flowitems to a batch Max Roethig Q&A 5 01-03-2013 11:05 PM
can't be pull in port#2 in combine object syseo Q&A 4 07-11-2011 03:58 AM
We Can't use 'pull input' in combine object? syseo Q&A 1 07-11-2011 01:32 AM
Flexsim HC Models Bill Nordgren Product Announcements 0 06-30-2010 02:02 PM
Flexsim and Linear Programming: How to combine? Goksin Yilmaz Q&A 3 05-02-2008 01:35 AM