ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 03-12-2012
Travis Hill

Downloads: 23
Uploads: 0
thill is on a distinguished road
Default How can you have a visual tool that has a mixture of "protected" and "no select"?

How can you have a visual tool that has a mixture of "protected" and "no select"? I have a large visual tool that I have made a custom GUI for. I want the user to be able to double click on the visual tool to access the GUI. The problem is because the visual tool is so large if I set it to be protected when zoomed in I can no longer move around in the view. Adversely, if the visual tool is set to "no select", I can move but cannot open the GUI.
Old 03-13-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0
Jens Mühlheimer will become famous soon enoughJens Mühlheimer will become famous soon enough

Put the recorder in a visual tool. Set the Visual Tool to No Select and the Recorder to protected.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Command to "select" an object? Gi Cha Q&A 3 08-12-2010 08:18 AM
Is it possible one object comprised of the function of "combiner" and "separetor"? Vic Li Q&A 1 08-19-2008 04:41 AM
about "no select" and "show parameter window from side bar" qin tian Gripes and Goodies 3 03-21-2008 08:10 AM
Which variable stores "Properties -> General ->Flags -> Protected" information? KelvinHo Q&A 1 03-06-2008 06:18 AM
"Getting Started" and "Tutorial" models for v4.01 Cliff King Product Announcements 0 12-10-2007 07:34 PM