ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Flexsim Student Forum
Downloads

Flexsim Student Forum Forum for discussion for Flexsim Students using the Flexsim Textbook.

Old 05-17-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0
mearjun will become famous soon enough
Default How to track "Waiting for operator" time ?

I need to collect "waiting for operator" time for an entire simulation run. What is the best way to do so.
Also if I have to calculate a custom value from the model how can I do so. For example currently I calculate "Waiting to be seen by a doctor" (WTBS) time by a time stamp system and storing that value in a global table. Then after I run the model I copy these values to excel and then find the steady state and average WTBS times. I wonder if I can form these graphs in flexsim itself which will make it better for presenting.
Old 05-22-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

Did you have a look how the Dashboard is working? There you can define Tracked Variables. As I understood you, you are exactly looking for this.
If you also are looking for a steady state, just calculate it as often as it is changing.
Maybe you share an example model with us an we can give you the right direction with this.
For your "waiting for doctor" question, there would be different ways to solve it. I would set a timestamp with the information, when the customer started waiting. Get it and calculate waiting time when tasksequence for operator recieves.
Old 05-29-2013
Flexsim User

Thanks for the reply. I got the dashboard part. Was pretty straight forward I guess.
Please find the model attached.
If you go to user commands > onprocessfinish.. U ll find that after procnum == 2 and loop == 0 I record a time in the table called WTBS. This is the time from arrival till the end of this process. I want to track average WTBS time of the model at any given point of time vs the total length of stay (That I calculate at discharge) as a pie chart.
I also use this as a measure to calculate steady state. So could you please explain how I can plot the steady state in the dashboard.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm exp.fsm (183.0 KB, 136 views)
Old 06-17-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

I think you only have to add a new Tracked Variable. Let´s say "RecordedState" to it and make it time weighted.
Then add the line:

settrackedvariable("RecordedState",time - getlabelnum(patient,"Arrival time"));

in your Usercommand. Now you only have to add another Chart and use the Tracked Variable as shown variable in it!

I did this in attached model. But am not sure, if this is completely what you are looking for and with my explanations you also can solve it on your own.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm exp_SH.fsm (190.4 KB, 146 views)
Old 06-24-2013
Flexsim User

Default Thanks

I think this is exactly what I needed.. Thanks a ton..

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How can you have a visual tool that has a mixture of "protected" and "no select"? thill Q&A 1 03-13-2012 12:44 AM
Shape of an "operator with a Manuel-Pallet-Truck" Simon Farsah Q&A 1 02-28-2009 02:05 PM
State "Waiting for Operator" (2) Donatus Minio Q&A 1 02-24-2009 05:19 AM
Is it possible one object comprised of the function of "combiner" and "separetor"? Vic Li Q&A 1 08-19-2008 04:41 AM
about "no select" and "show parameter window from side bar" qin tian Gripes and Goodies 3 03-21-2008 08:10 AM